2017 NFL Thread

Walter

On 2/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, Strider said:

Yeah...so did Jeff George. Everybody raved about his arm. Arms are a dime a dozen in the NFL...always have been. It's what's between the ears and in the heart that counts. Oh, and if you don't have legs, that arm strength ain't going to mean doodly-squat. It's the same with a power-pitcher...once the legs go, it's over.

How is JaMarcus Russel doing?  LOL.  Did you know about the time they sent him the tapes and asked if he studied them?  He said yes and they were blank?  Just like his cocaine infested head.  On your dime.  LOL

Rick, what are your instincts telling you about the Bills hiring Brian Daboll as the new OC? Do you reckon his one year of coaching under General Saban will translate to success in Buffalo?

On 2/10/2018 at 2:02 PM, jabe said:

Rick, what are your instincts telling you about the Bills hiring Brian Daboll as the new OC? Do you reckon his one year of coaching under General Saban will translate to success in Buffalo?

I am not sure but I am more interested in what goes on in April?  One mock draft had the Bills trading their two number ones to the Giants for and taking Rosen as their next Jim Kelly.  Not sure. My last name is Baker so Baker Mayfield has a nice ring.  I am sort of keen on pursuing Foles and at the same time drafting one of these 6 supposedly NFL ready QB's according to Mel Kiper.  Then we have two options.  But being the small market team we are, its doubtful we can do both.  WE took a sad hit losing Erik Wood.  He is finished for good.  Sucks.  So with a lower pick we must take a center.  But at number one its QB, then pass rusher to help Hughes and then linebackers to stop the run.  We must hope that Matthews, the receiver from the Eagles, comes back healthy and ready for a big year.  He can really help.  We have a top 3 secondary in the NFL.  I would not trade them for any secondary in football.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Buffalo Bills hero Frank Reich is the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. My condolences.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22401946/frank-reich-agrees-five-year-deal-indianapolis-colts-coach

What is that supposed to mean?  Unreal.  My condolences to those Gypsies that are moving from Oakland to Vegas. 

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What is that supposed to mean?  Unreal.  My condolences to those Gypsies that are moving from Oakland to Vegas. 

See Walter's post.

25 minutes ago, Walter said:

I believe he means his career is going to take a downward turn going to the abysmal Colts organization.  Champ to chump real quick.

This. I feel for the poor guy. The Colts have joined the Browns as the NFL's dumpster fire franchises. Hmmm, can we add Dan Snyder's Taters to that group?

5 hours ago, Strider said:

This. I feel for the poor guy. The Colts have joined the Browns as the NFL's dumpster fire franchises. Hmmm, can we add Dan Snyder's Taters to that group?

I put in bold my nomination for worst owner in the NFL.

(Yes, I'm biased as a Cowboys fan, and watching his "leadership" of the despised rivals gives me the uncontrollable giggles of pure schadenfreude, but he really is horrible.)

On 2/13/2018 at 11:34 PM, ForEvermore said:

I put in bold my nomination for worst owner in the NFL.

(Yes, I'm biased as a Cowboys fan, and watching his "leadership" of the despised rivals gives me the uncontrollable giggles of pure schadenfreude, but he really is horrible.)

Sounds like you guys do not have an ounce of faith in Frank Reich?  Anyway, the New England assistant's own agent said it was the worst decision of his life to renege on the contract with the Colts.  Short term it could be.  I do believe he has burned his bridges short term with any other team for a head job.  I guess its far worse than what Mahone did to the Bills.  Now I am glad to have McDermott.  But one has to see how this plays out in NE.  If Krafts lets say meets an untimely demise and then all promises are no longer good, McDaniels has plenty to worry about. I believe this will be Belecheck's last year regardless of what happens.  The man is going to be 66.  It gets tough to walk those cold sidelines for 3 hours in Denver in January.  Or Buffalo in January.  Get ready.  It will be a snake pit.  I am sure he had the job promised to him. Perhaps keeping his kids in the school system was part of it?  But that is always the case is it not?  As for Reich, he has Andrew Luck.  So I would not count that horse out of any race.  I do believe the Texans can be a quick turnaround with the return of their QB.  Tough division.  This upcoming draft/FA is one of the most interesting in ages.  And once again my teams have a shot.  Bills and Rams for those that do not know.   And now Sean's team is back in the race too with Gruden.  I am picking them to run away with the West.  Just before they pack their bags for Vegas.  Don't forget to bring lots of quarters boys.  Maybe Russell will be there waiting for all of ya as your mascot?  LOL>  If he can put down the crack pipe for five minutes.  

I wonder if Gronkowski is going to play or retire?  He seems to be up in the air on this?  Cant blame him.  Hey Chase, if you read this, what did they get from his house?  The local news up there must have given more details?

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sounds like you guys do not have an ounce of faith in Frank Reich?  Anyway, the New England assistant's own agent said it was the worst decision of his life to renege on the contract with the Colts.  Short term it could be.  I do believe he has burned his bridges short term with any other team for a head job.  I guess its far worse than what Mahone did to the Bills.  Now I am glad to have McDermott.  But one has to see how this plays out in NE.  If Krafts lets say meets an untimely demise and then all promises are no longer good, McDaniels has plenty to worry about. I believe this will be Belecheck's last year regardless of what happens.  The man is going to be 66.  It gets tough to walk those cold sidelines for 3 hours in Denver in January.  Or Buffalo in January.  Get ready.  It will be a snake pit.  I am sure he had the job promised to him. Perhaps keeping his kids in the school system was part of it?  But that is always the case is it not?  As for Reich, he has Andrew Luck.  So I would not count that horse out of any race.  I do believe the Texans can be a quick turnaround with the return of their QB.  Tough division.  This upcoming draft/FA is one of the most interesting in ages.  And once again my teams have a shot.  Bills and Rams for those that do not know.   And now Sean's team is back in the race too with Gruden.  I am picking them to run away with the West.  Just before they pack their bags for Vegas.  Don't forget to bring lots of quarters boys.  Maybe Russell will be there waiting for all of ya as your mascot?  LOL>  If he can put down the crack pipe for five minutes.  

I wonder if Gronkowski is going to play or retire?  He seems to be up in the air on this?  Cant blame him.  Hey Chase, if you read this, what did they get from his house?  The local news up there must have given more details?

My post was referring to Dan Snyder and his horrible "leadership" of the Redskins. Did you mean to reply to Strider's comment?

Better to be an assistant in New England than a head coach in a shithole like Indianapolis. That's probably what Josh McDaniels was thinking when he turned down the Colts offer.

That, and maybe Belechick and Kraft whispered in Josh's ear that the head coach position would shortly be his if he was patient.

Frank Reich is a great guy, I'm sure, and possibly a great coach. But he does not have Andrew Luck...not yet. Luck, by his own admission, hasn't even picked up a football, let alone thrown one since his surgery. So the Colts may have to wage the 2018 season without Luck again. 

I can't wait for the draft. Should be very interesting. Lots of teams could be in the mix as far as trading up or down. Curious how the Raiders will approach the draft now that Gruden is in place.

On 2/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, Strider said:

Better to be an assistant in New England than a head coach in a shithole like Indianapolis. That's probably what Josh McDaniels was thinking when he turned down the Colts offer.

That, and maybe Belechick and Kraft whispered in Josh's ear that the head coach position would shortly be his if he was patient.

Frank Reich is a great guy, I'm sure, and possibly a great coach. But he does not have Andrew Luck...not yet. Luck, by his own admission, hasn't even picked up a football, let alone thrown one since his surgery. So the Colts may have to wage the 2018 season without Luck again. 

I can't wait for the draft. Should be very interesting. Lots of teams could be in the mix as far as trading up or down. Curious how the Raiders will approach the draft now that Gruden is in place.

Pretty much every talk show I have heard on Sirius XM radio has said that McDaniels stayed because he was indeed promised the NE job when 66 yr old cheating Billy boy walks away, and I say its after this coming year regardless of the outcome.  The school district was a reason too but likely a small percentage of it.  His own agent said he has made the biggest mistake of his life.  Probably feels he has blackballed himself from any possible future jobs elsewhere.  So he had best wish Krafts good health.  Promises are broken very often in sports.

There are a ton of QBs available.  So my Bills are going to land one.  Mel Kiper is predicting we will trade up with Denver and go after Baker Mayfield.  Foley is on the table also. Not sure if I would rather have one of these up and coming hot rookies or Foley?  Either way, Tyrod Taylor is likely to be traded on draft day. There is a market for him.  He is better than many starters out there. And he might be a good fit with the right team.  Maybe he can back up Carr in Vegas, uh I mean Oakland.  Cant be any worse than Demarcus Russel.  LOL

Archived