Tour date(s) & Recordings thereof

Velevetine

Greetings all,

It's been a long time since I've been here, very long time. What I'm looking for is a wee bit of a miracle. Does anyone have JPJ solo tour dates from 1994-1998 and—before your heads explode thinking that's a bucketload of dates—looking only for shows in the NYC-Philadelphia-Wash DC corridor. Maybe even Hartford or Boston. If you have any knowledge of JPJ shows in this timeframe of these places—set lists, *any* recordings, even partial—please post. I would be eternally, wholeheartedly grateful. I've lost my ticket stubs (wallet got lifted) and cannot recall all the details. TIA...

Aigh! Can't thank you enough, mate! I thought I was having an hallucination that I saw them in Philly and San Fran the same year! I owe you a debt of eternal thanks! Hey, let me know if you come across any hotness of those shows, would love to have them. Ta!

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I've put together a reference list here. It's overdue for an update but it has the era you are most interested in. I can post set lists, photos and press coverage here once you sort out the dates you are seeking.

http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33538

Thanks for the list.   Here is one update I am aware of.  I saw Them Crooked Vultures February 8, 2010 at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City.   

1 hour ago, John M said:

Thanks for the list.   Here is one update I am aware of.  I saw Them Crooked Vultures February 8, 2010 at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City.   

Good catch. Unsure how I overlooked that one but I've added it to the list.

http://jayporks.blogspot.jp/2010/02/them-crooked-vultures-live-roseland.html

31 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Good catch. Unsure how I overlooked that one but I've added it to the list.

http://jayporks.blogspot.jp/2010/02/them-crooked-vultures-live-roseland.html

Thanks for posting that blog entry.  It brings back so many memories -  I do recall it was a fantastic show, one of the loudest shows I ever attended and the band was on fire.  I had been so blown away by the Philly and DC shows in Oct 2009 - I really can't recall what the best of the three shows was.   I am just so glad I got to see 3 Vultures shows.   

I was fortunate enough to see JPJ at these two shows during the time frame you're looking for-

1994-11.13 Philadelphia, PA USA University of Pennsylvania - Irvine Auditorium ( with Diamanda Galas)

( I met him briefly outside the venue after the show)

1999-10.17 Philadelphia, PA USA Theater of Living Arts

I know the taper of this show. I have a copy of it, and my ticket stub somewhere. I can send you a copy of the Philly TLA show if you'd like.

Archived