2017 MLB Regular Season Contest...

paul carruthers

The other night during Buck Showalter's press conference on MASN, which lately they have been letting us watch a bit more of on MLB without turning the switch off on us right after the game ends, he happened to ask the reporters "how are the Capitals doing/"  The Capitals are the Washington Capitals who just lost game 7 of the Eastern conference semi finals, a series they should have won.  So they cut the switch on Buck as soon as he spoke the words.  I though tit was rude. But Buck is like that.  Down to Earth guy.  But Buck, I will tell you how they are doing.  They ARE GOING HOME.  Just like we will be doing if  you dont start watching your step.  Like putting that shit bag Nunuts out there instad of a quality guy like Verrette who was given a bus ticket for his great performance to Bowie or Norfolk.  May as well have been to HELL>  Wake up and use your good pitchers and stop giving games away.  We could have picked up a game on the Yankees.  They do not do stupid shit like that.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Update:

Walter: 184

ebk: 184

Strider: 184

Walter Jr: 173

Bong-Man: 172

LedZeppfan1977: 168

kingzoso: 167

Mrs. Walter: 162

Dazed and Confused: 158

paul carruthers: 151

Thanks for the update, Paul.

On 6/1/2017 at 11:31 AM, paul carruthers said:

Update:

Walter: 184

ebk: 184

Strider: 184

Walter Jr: 173

Bong-Man: 172

LedZeppfan1977: 168

kingzoso: 167

Mrs. Walter: 162

Dazed and Confused: 158

paul carruthers: 151

Thanks for the update Paul!  Kicking myself for not going with my Yanks.  Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess! ;) 

On 6/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Walter said:

Thanks for the update Paul!  Kicking myself for not going with my Yanks.  Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess! ;) 

Something is fishy.  I am the only one with Colorado.  And they are smoking hot.  Seattle is my only mistake.  This is far from over

I have Houston also.  The Injuns are hurting me but they will get going.   My other big mistake was the Mutts getting the second wild card.  Joke

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, don't you think the folks who are tied should be listed in alphabetical order?   ;)

Seriously, thanks for keeping up with this.  It's much appreciated!! 

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Paul, don't you think the folks who are tied should be listed in alphabetical order?   ;)

Seriously, thanks for keeping up with this.  It's much appreciated!! 

If that is the case (and I think it should be), that means that you, ebk, are currently in first place.  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, a little heatstroke & a trip to the hospital will take you out. Sean tried to warn me about drinking all that damn soda. :D

Anyway, update soon. Tomorrow at best....  

Oh dear!  Take care of yourself paul!!  The contest can wait.

And...always listen to Sean :) 

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, a little heatstroke & a trip to the hospital will take you out. Sean tried to warn me about drinking all that damn soda. :D

Anyway, update soon. Tomorrow at best....  

Wow Paul, I'm glad to see you're alright. That shit is nothing to mess with. Especially now that it has happened once.  Don't worry about tallying up the wins, it can wait. Take care.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:46 PM, Walter said:

Where's Paul???  

Hope all is well and he's just on vacay!

Mourning his Mets.  They could not even help us out with one win over the Yankees.  Paul, its OK.  I hope you are ok seriously.  And if Esther is in first place the fix has to be in.  LOL.  Being the only one that picked Colorado I am a bit surprised I am not higher.  Seattle has come on, but I hope they fade  I will take the second wild card if that is what it takes.  If it does happen and Showalter is ever in that position again, he had best get Britton ready to pitch 3 innings if neccessary.  Miley is just killing our team.  He is a worthless sack of shit. Everyone else, including Jiminez is pitching well and they had the sense to put Tillman on the bench.  Davis needs to wake his ass up.  Machado is on fire.  The rest of the team need to play like him and Schoop.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 6:24 PM, paul carruthers said:

Walter: 448

ebk: 448

Strider: 448

Bong-Man: 437

Walter jr: 426

LedZeppfan1977: 427

kingzoso: 423

Mrs. Walter: 389

paul carruthers: 380

Uh, I think 427 is higher than 426?  But I guess you all want Walter to beat me?  LOL  I know its tiring work Paul.  And the Mutts are out of it. Why dont you let us have one of your stud pitchers for Gods sake?

Archived