LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

On 3/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, bluecongo said:

A nice simple 30 minute acoustic set one off performance would be so EASY  for them to pull off to commemorate 50th anniversary.  No reason not to except egos & lawyers 

I like this idea. Tasteful. 

On 3/17/2017 at 11:20 PM, Strider said:

For what it's worth...the following was on the Led Zeppelin Newsfeed and Ramble On Radio podcast:

http://ledzepnews.com/2017/03/18/jimmy-pages-active-discussions-may-led-zeppelins-50th-anniversary/

Jimmy Page’s ‘active discussions’ may be about Led Zeppelin's 50th anniversary

The “active discussions” that Jimmy Page is currently involved in may be about activity surrounding Led Zeppelin’s fiftieth anniversary, Led Zeppelin podcast Ramble On Radio said in its latest episode.

Last week we reported that Page has been in “active discussions” to perform as part of the Desert Trip festival in 2018. However, Ramble On Radio host Brian Gardiner said in his podcast that the “Oldchella” rumour is a euphemism, and instead the rumour is about possible future Led Zeppelin activity planned for 2018.

The original rumour from last week came from a respected Led Zeppelin fan who does seem to have inside knowledge of the band’s activity.

What’s not clear right now is what the rumoured discussions are about. They could be about a one-off show, a series of shows, or even the release of new material. The only thing we know for sure is that it’s still early days.

Yeah, a insider to a band that doesn't exist.  Thats funny!  

On 3/20/2017 at 9:08 PM, Box of Jimmy's said:

Is this the same fan who believed JPJ to be writing an Oprah and didn't get his Joke?

I would actually watch Oprah if John Paul Jones wrote for her. ?

So, are you saying Dave Lewis got played?

Edited by Strider

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Dallas Knebs said:

... would be nice to see blimps fly again- been a while now

hoping they do a night at Knebworth if they do anything and beam it to the world.  Demand unprecedented.  I am 100% confident new music will be involved.

Never going to happen

An in depth 4 hour documentary with archive footage and interviews please along with a restored complete Earls Court compilation DVD, Seattle 77 remastered and polished and some new live albums, particularly the 77 LA Forum show.

Oh, and a warts and all autobiography from James Patrick Page. 

Too much to ask for?

14 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Has there ever been a detailed documentary of the band with interviews from all involved. 

No there hasn't - well not an official one. Always frustrates me on BBC 4 on Friday evening they have devoted time to almost all major bands but Zeppelin.  Never understood why to be honest. As far as another gig to celebrate 50 years, it will never take place. As I have said before Page ain't up to it and Plant and Jones have their own agendas. The Earls Court tapes are not up to scratch and Seattle 77 ?? Dull, and would only suffer ridicule from the press if that got out. Even Knebworth to a degree but as they did have the same clothes on for the 2 dates then that would be promising for a release.

Edited by chillumpuffer

14 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Has there ever been a detailed documentary of the band with interviews from all involved. 

You mean like the Beatles "Anthology", the Who's "The Kids Are All Right", or the Rolling Stones "Crossfire Hurricane" (or "25 × 5" or a zillion other docs)?

No, there hasn't.

Yes along the lines of Anthology or Crossfire Hurricane. I think Chill one major problem about Led Zeppelins legacy at least in the UK is that the urban myths such as the Hammer of the Gods book has never been balanced with the magic they obviously had through old clips appearing on the Old Grey Whistle Test compilations. Look at Bowie playing Queen Bitch with the Spiders from Mars which has more meaning with every passing year. Curtiss Mayfield, The Allman Brothers and Bob Marley all captured on video for new audiences to discover. Their reputation suffers because of this. Add to the lack of quality first hand documentaries and only 6 music playing them on a regular basis they are on the back foot showing the world just haw great they were. Even Pink Floyd who had a reputation for being reclusive have had BBC 4 retrospectives.

Not doing TV gigs maybe was the correct thing to do at the time but has left them out on a limb now. Floyd, The Who, The Kinks, Bowie The Beatles and Stones are regulars reminding the public of their worth. Zep need a coherent and first person account from all remaining members and have the hardest mythology to overcome.

3 minutes ago, anniemouse said:

Yes along the lines of Anthology or Crossfire Hurricane. I think Chill one major problem about Led Zeppelins legacy at least in the UK is that the urban myths such as the Hammer of the Gods book has never been balanced with the magic they obviously had through old clips appearing on the Old Grey Whistle Test compilations. Look at Bowie playing Queen Bitch with the Spiders from Mars which has more meaning with every passing year. Curtiss Mayfield, The Allman Brothers and Bob Marley all captured on video for new audiences to discover. Their reputation suffers because of this. Add to the lack of quality first hand documentaries and only 6 music playing them on a regular basis they are on the back foot showing the world just haw great they were. Even Pink Floyd who had a reputation for being reclusive have had BBC 4 retrospectives.

Not doing TV gigs maybe was the correct thing to do at the time but has left them out on a limb now. Floyd, The Who, The Kinks, Bowie The Beatles and Stones are regulars reminding the public of their worth. Zep need a coherent and first person account from all remaining members and have the hardest mythology to overcome.

Yes I agree Annie. Never has a band so influential have so little TV coverage, of course by choice. Even in the US where the were a far bigger band than here in the UK. I can't recall any TV performances from the group in the US let alone here. Weirdly enough the Danish TV, Supershow and that French programme where the band performed live, is the only record we have.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, Dallas Knebs said:

... would be nice to see blimps fly again- been a while now

hoping they do a night at Knebworth if they do anything and beam it to the world.  Demand unprecedented.  I am 100% confident new music will be involved.

that would never happen in anyone's wildest dreams, nor MSG. especially it being beamed live. There's no way Page would risk that

expect nothing and you won't be disappointed