Stupid People (knowledge)

chillumpuffer

It often amazes me how stupid people really are. I don't mean drink driving or liking Coldplay, but knowledge wise. I occasionally tune into quiz programmes and I am regularly shocked at the answers to, to be fair, questions a 10 year old would know. So in this thread please let us shame complete dimwits who have shown to the world that when knowledge was being handed out, they were in the pisser.

This was asked on a quiz show recently in the UK !!

Question: Which sea separates the East of England to the Netherlands?

Contestants answer: The Pacific :slapface:

Close but no cigar

Quiz/game shows always seem to find the biggest idiots I've ever seen. 

Case in point: this classic moment from Family Feud. I'm ashamed that there are human beings out there that are this dumb. I get that it's hard coming up with answers in that short amount of time. But these answers? Seriously?!

11 hours ago, redrum said:

Which sea separates the East of England to the Netherlands?

What is the North Sea, Alex? (and I didn't look it up).

The North Sea is correct. I can't really answer " what is it?" as it's errrr a sea. And who is Alex???

13 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

The North Sea is correct. I can't really answer " what is it?" as it's errrr a sea. And who is Alex???

Alex Trebek who does the show 'Jeopardy' over here. Usually, they won't say his name in responding. There's some smart cookies on there and they win tons of money if they can keep going. They also have college, teens and young kids tournaments. It's been on since the 70's and is still popular.

4 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Wow. Every 10 year old knows what Jeopardy! is.

Correction, every 10 year old American knows what "Jeopardy" is, we don't have it here in good old England..

Just now, JTM said:

Correction, every 10 year old American knows what "Jeopardy" is, we don't have it here in good old England..

It's been on since 1964 and is broadcast all over the world.

I mean, i've never been to the UK but i'm aware of Hobnobs and The IT Crowd.  And I actually live under a rock.

In case you haven't heard, we also came up with some other stuff you may enjoy.  Blues,  Jazz,  Rock n Roll, Netflix, The 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, Scarlett Johansson....

3 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

It's been on since 1964 and is broadcast all over the world.

I mean, i've never been to the UK but i'm aware of Hobnobs and The IT Crowd.  And I actually live under a rock.

In case you haven't heard, we also came up with some other stuff you may enjoy.  Blues,  Jazz,  Rock n Roll, Netflix, The 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, Scarlett Johansson....

Since the world doesn't begin and end in the US, I was born in 1961 and to the best of my knowledge this programme  has never been aired on TV in the UK. Also please don't wheel out the same old shit that you are better then us bollocks. It's tedious and boring. But I did understand and enjoy the language you have written. Did you come up with that as well?

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Since the world doesn't begin and end in the US, I was born in 1961 and to the best of my knowledge this programme  has never been aired on TV in the UK. Also please don't wheel out the same old shit that you are better then us bollocks. It's tedious and boring. But I did understand and enjoy the language you have written. Did you come up with that as well?

You have a real complex about the U.S.  Whatever. Heck, i'll be the first to say things aren't perfect here. And i rarely wave the flag. But that's beside the point.

Is this thread about British- specific knowledge? I would just suggest you be a little more specific in the future. 'Cause as it stands, it does not appear you're smarter than a 4th grader.

And for future reference, when trying to come off as knowledgeable, Google (born in 'Merica) is your friend. You're welcome for that as well!

Cheers

10 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

No complex here mate. I have very good friends stateside and I had one of the best holidays in my life there.

Irony not lost on me that you have joined this thread though;)

Unless i'm mistaken, and i don't think i am, this thread was created, with somewhat mean spirited intent, to have fun at the expense of people with "less" knowledge.

No, i just checked and that's exactly what this thread's about.

The irony here is that you, the OP, was outed so quickly as the guy whose knowledge base couldn't identify the references presented.  Go ahead, take a few minutes to add that up.

As much fun as this has been, i'm off to the pub now to enjoy a few pints of some jolly good bitter along with a bag or 2 of crisps while enjoying a match on the telly.

As you were.

11 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Unless i'm mistaken, and i don't think i am, this thread was created, with somewhat mean spirited intent, to have fun at the expense of people with "less" knowledge.

No, i just checked and that's exactly what this thread's about.

The irony here is that you, the OP, was outed so quickly as the guy whose knowledge base couldn't identify the references presented.  Go ahead, take a few minutes to add that up.

As much fun as this has been, i'm off to the pub now to enjoy a few pints of some jolly good bitter along with a bag or 2 of crisps while enjoying a match on the telly.

As you were.

:huh:. Times up. You got me there man

Enjoy your few scoops. I hope it is warm and you choose well on the taste of your crisps. I prefer a lightly salted crisp myself. Oh and which match are you tuning into?

Beavis and Butthead watching a video of a girl dragging a hoe on the ground.

Beavis: What's that?

Butthead: A hoe.

Beavis: I know, but what's that she's carrying?

Butthead: Uhhh, huh, huh, huh....

Archived