Definitive Seattle 72/6/19

Xolo1974

My biggest Zeppelin hope is that Jimmy has a soundboard of this entire concert and the Denver 1972 concerts.  Sadly as I'm typing this you have to wonder that even if they recorded these via the soundboard, would it be complete?   They are such long shows that unless they ran 3, 90 min cassettes or reels, the ends may be missing.  

Would be the holy grail if this was on sbd. Also would love to hear 6/21 and 6/23 (apparently 6/21 was a long one). We need more threads about these 71-72 shows, not stuff which has been talked about ad nauseum like LA 77

40 minutes ago, blooze said:

Would be the holy grail if this was on sbd. Also would love to hear 6/21 and 6/23 (apparently 6/21 was a long one). We need more threads about these 71-72 shows, not stuff which has been talked about ad nauseum like LA 77

Totally agree. One of the most brilliant tours by any band ever. Would be great to have another sbd to add to its legend, but sadly that's not likely to happen.

Due to how great the playing is, I listen to 6/14-6/15 and this 6/19 show quite often. The performances allow you to get beyond the average recordings because the shows are simply that good.

The 6/15 Drone into IS has to be the nastiest opening to any concert I've ever heard. Can't even imagine having been there to see/hear it live.

And the guy losing his mind at the start of D&C from 6/19 just puts a huge smile on my face every time I hear it.

Legendary concerts during a legendary tour from a legendary band. Guess we just half to be thankful to have what we have.

This is my favorite Led Zeppelin concert ever, and probably my favorite concert by anyone! If I had a time machine, you can bet that I would plant myself in the front row of the Seattle Center Coliseum that night. The resulting hearing loss would be worth it. Hell, I might even try to pull a Millard there!

I really wish the band had used this concert for How the West Was Won. As great as 6/25 and 6/27, this concert has so many encores and has the first performances of four of their songs. Oh well! My holy grail, as I mentioned elsewhere, would be a soundboard of this incredible performance. Heck, I'd even settle for just a soundboard of the organ solo (what with the medley of Louie Louie and Let's Dance).

1 hour ago, blooze said:

(apparently 6/21 was a long one)

Where'd you hear that? Just curious. I wonder if Plant blew out his voice a bit at this show since the next night in San Bernardino shows him in rough shape. You could even think of it as a preview for what he'll sound like in Japan later that year.

There is a review of the Denver 6/21 show in the Timeline on the forum here.   It was a long show just like Nassau Coliseum and Seattle and LA. 

The last section/few minutes of Dazed from Seattle is just so cool.     Really awesome playing by all members.  One of my favorite moments.   Strangely enough the same can be said for the new upcoming 3/21/75 Seattle soundboard.   The final section after the lyrics is so cool.  

I agree.  The USA Summer 1972 needs more in depth discussions.!!

On 3/24/2017 at 10:03 PM, LedElvis75 said:

Totally agree. One of the most brilliant tours by any band ever. Would be great to have another sbd to add to its legend, but sadly that's not likely to happen.

Due to how great the playing is, I listen to 6/14-6/15 and this 6/19 show quite often. The performances allow you to get beyond the average recordings because the shows are simply that good.

The 6/15 Drone into IS has to be the nastiest opening to any concert I've ever heard. Can't even imagine having been there to see/hear it live.

And the guy losing his mind at the start of D&C from 6/19 just puts a huge smile on my face every time I hear it.

Legendary concerts during a legendary tour from a legendary band. Guess we just half to be thankful to have what we have.

6/15 is a relatively good audience tape. Maybe their most underrated show ever. 6/14 though I find hard to listen to, at least whenever I start the recording it sounds so muddy. Unfortunate.

Everybody likes to praise Jimmy's playing on the 73 Euro tour but I think his playing on this tour is just as good if not better. The SIBLY solo on HWW (6/27) is out of this world. 

For me its a tie between this tour and 71 Japan, both absolute beasts

5 minutes ago, blooze said:

6/15 is a relatively good audience tape. Maybe their most underrated show ever. 6/14 though I find hard to listen to, at least whenever I start the recording it sounds so muddy. Unfortunate.

Everybody likes to praise Jimmy's playing on the 73 Euro tour but I think his playing on this tour is just as good if not better. The SIBLY solo on HWW (6/27) is out of this world. 

For me its a tie between this tour and 71 Japan, both absolute beasts

100% agree

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Someone in the "Overrated" thread mentioned 1972 as overrated.  OK.   I love this photo.  Kicking off the USA 1972 summer tour after a few warm up dates in Amsterdam and and Belgium.

cobohall72_zpsktojadzi.jpg

Interesting. Never seen this photo before. He's still using the Orange head and cabs for the theremin. By the end of this tour he had switched to Univox for theremin duties

11 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Someone in the "Overrated" thread mentioned 1972 as overrated.  OK.   I love this photo.  Kicking off the USA 1972 summer tour after a few warm up dates in Amsterdam and and Belgium.

cobohall72_zpsktojadzi.jpg

That overrated comment about '72 made me laugh.

Archived