As a kid , what song/s freaked you out

greengrass

Pink Floyd - One Of these Days. Scared the living shit outta me the first time I heard it at 8 years old. I was in my brothers room, lying on the bed, headphones on, a single candle flickering in a pitch black room at 11pm. I am really getting into Roger Waters driving bass line, they keys, everything moving like some sinister organism. I begin to slip into that midway point between consciousness and sleep when all of a sudden..."ONE OF THESE DAYS I AM GONNA CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES..."

I bolted outta that bed and ran like my ass was on fire. Man that freaked my ass out. My brother was rolling on the floor laughing so hard he nearly pissed himself.

12 hours ago, IpMan said:

Pink Floyd - One Of these Days. Scared the living shit outta me the first time I heard it at 8 years old. I was in my brothers room, lying on the bed, headphones on, a single candle flickering in a pitch black room at 11pm. I am really getting into Roger Waters driving bass line, they keys, everything moving like some sinister organism. I begin to slip into that midway point between consciousness and sleep when all of a sudden..."ONE OF THESE DAYS I AM GONNA CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES..."

I bolted outta that bed and ran like my ass was on fire. Man that freaked my ass out. My brother was rolling on the floor laughing so hard he nearly pissed himself.

i know which song you're talking about , but wasn't that originally "Careful with That Axe, Eugene" and that  entire album  "Ummagumma"  totally freaked me out . 

4 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

This:

And even though I like Pink Floyd's Another Brick In the Wall, certain parts of the music video for this song used to freak me out and make me feel totally squeamish :wacko: 

I wasn't a kid when "And Justice for all " came out, but still a pretty dark album ... Blackened  and this One . no pun intended :whistling:

1 hour ago, John M said:

The Beatles:  Tomorrow Never Knows, I am the Walrus, A Day in the Life

And the title track from the first Sabbath album

The Beatles never had that effect on me except for Revolution#9 on the White Album. "Paul is dead":unsure:

Definitely...

What is this that stands before me? 
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick, and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one
OH NOOOOO........

5 hours ago, John M said:

The Beatles:  Tomorrow Never Knows, I am the Walrus, A Day in the Life

And the title track from the first Sabbath album

Yes....you should check out this version of Tomorrow Never Knows from the Sucker Punch soundtrack

No Quarter. Houses remains my favorite album with Zeppelin 3 a close second, No Quarter remains my favorite Zeppelin song. When I saw TSRTS I was stunned at how well they nailed the No Quarter fantasy scene, and the dry ice fitting into the song's darkness may be my favorite Zeppelin live moment. Out On The Tiles and Ten Years Gone come to mind as well.

Great topic.

This album cover. I laugh now because, you know,...it's The Doobie Brothers but it was no laughing matter back then.

I don't think I could even read back then but thanks to the Catholic Church it was all demons and hellfire. Fucking dicks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cant find this on YouTube , but its off of Axis Bold as Love  . This one really got me in my younger days . 

Announcer: (mitch mitchell)

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.
Welcome to radio station exp. tonight we are 
featuring an interview with a very peculiar 
looking gentlemen who goes by the name of Mr.
Paul Corusoe, on the dodgy subject of are there
or are there not flying saucers or... ahem, 
Ufo's. please Mr Corusoe, please could you 
Give your regarded opinion on this nonsense 
About spaceships and even space people.

Mr Corusoe: (jimi hendrix)

Thank you. as you all know, you just can't 
Believe everything you see and hear, now can you.  
If you will excuse me, is must be on my way.

Announcer: (mitch mitchell)

Bu... but, but... i, i, don't 
believe it

Forgot to say. I believe- Tears for fears. And i think it was called, Nightboat by Duran Duran. Videos that were quire scary were, Thriller-Michael Jackson. And Vienna-Ultravox was a little bit. But i really love the track.

Archived