Video: Jimmy, Robert and Ahmet

I'd never seen this before, so I thought I'd leave it here. Supposedly from 2001, it's a nice little ditty. Jimmy's wasted and wearing one of his ugly tiger shirts, but it's still a neat little video. For those like me, who haven't seen it before, enjoy:

3 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Why do you say Jimmy is wasted?   Doesn't seem that way to me

He may not be, but he looks pretty blotto to me. Look at the beginning when he is sitting on the couch and Ahmet is talking to Robert. Jimmy is slouched back, looking dazed. His eyes are looking in two different directions, as he shoves his hand down his pants and in to his underwear. Then he mumbles something relatively incoherent. I'd say he seems relatively blotto at this point. Although this is shown at the beginning of the video, I suspect it was filmed after the recording session, when Page had a few under his belt (not just his hand). Who knows, I could be wrong and it doesn't really matter if Jimmy's had a few. It's a cool video nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

He may not be, but he looks pretty blotto to me. Look at the beginning when he is sitting on the couch and Ahmet is talking to Robert. Jimmy is slouched back, looking dazed. His eyes are looking in two different directions, as he shoves his hand down his pants and in to his underwear. Then he mumbles something relatively incoherent. I'd say he seems relatively blotto at this point. Although this is shown at the beginning of the video, I suspect it was filmed after the recording session, when Page had a few under his belt (not just his hand). Who knows, I could be wrong and it doesn't really matter if Jimmy's had a few. It's a cool video nonetheless. 

He looks more pissed off/grumpy than dazed to me.  He certainly spends most of the video avoiding the cameras as much as possible.
This was recorded around 2001, about 3 years after Plant had jumped ship from the Page/Plant thing.  Maybe Jimmy had taken this session (and the Montreux concert they did around this time too) as a sign that Robert had had second thoughts and wanted to work with him again, had mentioned it and Robert just said 'Nope'.
Who knows?

26 minutes ago, woz70 said:

He looks more pissed off/grumpy than dazed to me.  He certainly spends most of the video avoiding the cameras as much as possible.
This was recorded around 2001, about 3 years after Plant had jumped ship from the Page/Plant thing.  Maybe Jimmy had taken this session (and the Montreux concert they did around this time too) as a sign that Robert had had second thoughts and wanted to work with him again, had mentioned it and Robert just said 'Nope'.
Who knows?

To me it just looks like his belly is upset, mannerisms and all.

Excellent video.  You can see why Ahmet was so important to what was Led Zeppelin, he understood music of his time which is why he took a ballsy play on funding Jimmy Page without even knowing a thing about the band, but trusting Page and Grant would put something together that would be big.  When would you see such a passion for good music be funded so "recklessly" as Ahmet did then?  Bless his soul for leaving footsteps that no big corporate music company today would ever have the instincts, nor courage to follow.

He and Plant seem to really get on here, and it's probably a big reason he did the reunion in 2007.  I recall him mentioning Ahmet before doing Stairway to Heaven for the first time live in forever in 2007.  Seemed to be the closing chapter of LZ for Plant.

• 3 months later...

Archived