Any time now.....

zola

On 5/4/2017 at 9:56 PM, porgie66 said:

When was the last time Page played in public? I seem to remember a performance with Roy Harper? Or was it at the O2 concert? 

November 19, 2015 in Seattle...for about five minutes.

The 02 show remains his one concert length performance in the past 16 YEARS.

..."warming up on the touchlines"... :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Jukkin said:

I do believe he would have realized that putting such a cryptic message on his website would certainly lead to immense speculation re Zeppelin. He is not a stupid man. I do not believe he would have put any such message just for a new album from him, the message has too much of a portentous feel. Until he definitely says it's not Zeppelin related then I will continue to believe the hype.

Plant has been clever enough to never totally discount a reunion with Page. It wouldn't take much for him to come out and say "Page and I made some great music but its in the past and I've no intention of revisiting that again". Yet he has never done that because he knows the Zeppelin thing will always be a talking point for people. I can't see him ever sharing a stage with Jimmy Page again, but as long as the two of them are alive, you never know!

10 hours ago, Jukkin said:

I do believe he would have realized that putting such a cryptic message on his website would certainly lead to immense speculation re Zeppelin. He is not a stupid man. I do not believe he would have put any such message just for a new album from him, the message has too much of a portentous feel. Until he definitely says it's not Zeppelin related then I will continue to believe the hype.

He's a right little perversely comedic bugger is our Robert.

3 hours ago, mookieblaylock said:

Plant has been clever enough to never totally discount a reunion with Page. It wouldn't take much for him to come out and say "Page and I made some great music but its in the past and I've no intention of revisiting that again". Yet he has never done that because he knows the Zeppelin thing will always be a talking point for people. I can't see him ever sharing a stage with Jimmy Page again, but as long as the two of them are alive, you never know!

Robert proposed a musical reunion with Jimmy around 2012/2013, but Jimmy rejected it for some reason (I suspect it had to do with the creative parameters that Robert set for the style of music he wanted to make with him). . And Robert didn't seem to happy about the rejection saying that "He (Jimmy) just walked away".

So as far as I can tell there is at least some level of interest on Roberts part to create/play music with Jimmy again. But so far there seems to be a hard disagreement on how to do it on both their parts. Odds haven't looked good so far for it happening at all. But as a fan I have fingers crossed despite the unlikely hood of anything coming out of it.

The guy is cruel to the most hardcore who want and hope for a reunion of sorts from the surviving members.  One wonders if he just decided "let's have a little fun and work up the villagers.  Watch this....ANYTIME NOW.  That outta do it".

`

15 hours ago, SuperStatic said:

Robert proposed a musical reunion with Jimmy around 2012/2013, but Jimmy rejected it for some reason (I suspect it had to do with the creative parameters that Robert set for the style of music he wanted to make with him). . And Robert didn't seem to happy about the rejection saying that "He (Jimmy) just walked away".

So as far as I can tell there is at least some level of interest on Roberts part to create/play music with Jimmy again. But so far there seems to be a hard disagreement on how to do it on both their parts. Odds haven't looked good so far for it happening at all. But as a fan I have fingers crossed despite the unlikely hood of anything coming out of it.

Probably has to do with a more toned down, acoustic only Zeppelin.  Page wants to still rock out, live as he always has, without limitations.  You have to take the Les Paul from his cold dead hands before he will do an acoustic only concert!

On 05/05/2017 at 11:41 AM, SteveAJones said:

November 19, 2015 in Seattle...for about five minutes.

The 02 show remains his one concert length performance in the past 16 YEARS.

..."warming up on the touchlines"... :rolleyes:

Playing guitar is like swimming to Page.  Good video, too bad his amp was drowned out.

46 minutes ago, Canadianzepper said:

The guy is cruel to the most hardcore who want and hope for a reunion of sorts from the surviving members.  One wonders if he just decided "let's have a little fun and work up the villagers.  Watch this....ANYTIME NOW.  That outta do it".

Or maybe he had no idea that people would jump to the insane conclusion that posting those three little words on his website meant Led Zeppelin reunion.

1 hour ago, Canadianzepper said:

He's working on a new album. It's his website. He posted any time now I immediately assumed the new album. I don't think it had any ulterior motive but of course the haters are going to see it that way.

3 minutes ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

He's working on a new album. It's his website. He posted any time now I immediately assumed the new album. I don't think it had any ulterior motive but of course the haters are going to see it that way.

I'm certainly not a hater, I find it humourous how it is reported that a possible reunion is in the works.  I first saw this reported on Yahoo News, I mean...talk about stretching the facts and making assumptions/

3 hours ago, Canadianzepper said:

I'm certainly not a hater, I find it humourous how it is reported that a possible reunion is in the works.  I first saw this reported on Yahoo News, I mean...talk about stretching the facts and making assumptions/

Your post said the guy is cruel to the utmost. Doesn't sound like love...just saying

It's hardly that cryptic when its no secret that they have been recording a new album. So any time now under most circumstances would mean that an announcement about said album and tour was forthcoming.

I would have thought anything purely Zep related would not be on his site.

People just jumped on it added 1+2 and equalled 101207 pt 2.

I thankfully don't fall into the " I read it so it must be true" brigade.

Site was down for weeks before the media decided to stir up the reunion gossip. Am genuinely shocked at how the reunion gossip has gained traction.

Open secret that Robert and  the band have a new Lp on the go. Only issue that puzzled me was how they could fit a tour with Skin having other commitments but it is possible.

The only place where I would believe a LZ reunion was on the cards would be a LZ official site.

Any Time Now....may be a sly kick to Jimmy's shin by referring to Jimmy's stating that he would like to be seen playing live guitar sometime in 2016...hence "Any Time Now...Robert and Jimmy will be getting together to fullfill Jimmy's hope....in 2017.

I doubt Plant gives a toss tbh. Back in the early 80s he tried to coax Page out ("come on it's quite nice out there you know" pace Barney Hoskyns - Trampled Underfoot book) but nowadays I'd imagine he leaves him to his own devices. Maybe there's a tiny chance this message is about a RP/JP collaboration that has miraculously stayed a music biz secret but I bet it's a new Plant solo album.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread was started April 13

Today is June 5

What is Robert waiting for? If he's doing to this to build up *drum role* momentum for a
new album of his, he should have waited a bit longer to put the message "Any Time Now"
up on his website,  or if not then put a countdown clock hinting to a date when people would
find out what "Any Time Now"  actually means. I get what's trying to do, but having that
message up there for longer than a month it starts to look like a website that's not
maintained and forgotten about.

I wonder if the site (facebook and twitter feed have also been down since the last week of March) were somehow run by his management or record label. If he is in negotiations in respect of one or both then the sites are possibly part of the deal. I cannot think of any other logical reason. I find it all rather baffling and disconcerting hope everything is ok and he has not retired on the quiet.  

Archived