Led Zeppelin Return on Hot Rock Songs Chart

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin, J. Geils Band Classics Return on Hot Rock Songs Chart

4/20/2017 - by Kevin Rutherford

"Immigrant Song" and "Centerfold" are back.

Two classic tracks make surges and rank on Billboard's Hot Rock Songs chart (dated April 29): Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" and The J. Geils Band's "Centerfold."

Led Zeppelin enters the tally for the first time, and it took a movie trailer to do so. The band's 1970 classic rock staple "Immigrant Song" bows at No. 16, fueled by its appearance in the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. (On Hot Rock Songs, which began in 2009, older songs are eligible to chart if ranking in the top 25 and are sparked by new momentum in multiple metrics; recently, for instance, Chuck Berry charted three songs on the chart following his March 18 death.)

"Immigrant Song" enters Hot Rock Songs with 7,000 downloads sold in the week ending April 13, up from a nominal sum the week before, according to Nielsen Music. The track re-enters at No. 1 on Hard Rock Digital Song Sales, where it's the legendary band's first leader.

Thor: Ragnarok, the third in the film series starring Chris Hemsworth, is due in theaters Nov. 3.

The J. Geils Band (named after its founder and guitarist) also makes its first appearance on Hot Rock Songs as "Centerfold" debuts at No. 21. The song arrives, up 428 percent to 3,000 downloads sold, following Geils' death April 11 at age 71.

"Centerfold" (sung by Peter Wolf) stands as the lone No. 1 for the band on the Billboard Hot 100, where it reigned for six weeks beginning Feb. 6, 1982. It likewise became the group's only No. 1 on the Mainstream Rock Songs airplay chart, ruling for three weeks in 1982.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7767809/hot-rock-songs-led-zeppelin-j-geils-band

"Centerfold"? "Centerfold" :blink: ?

That's the song people wanted to hear after hearing of the death of J. Geils? Oy vey.

As for "Immigrant Song", I guess this means the YouTube comments page will now be filled with "Thor brought me here" instead of "Shrek 3 brought me here".

Archived