Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BGS

What is this CD version?

6 posts in this topic

I just bought Led Zeppelin I from Ebay.  I wanted the latest official remaster but I think I got something else.

It lists the UPC as: 4607147916506 and has 3 extra songs on disc one (We're Gonna Groove, I Can't Quit you Baby, Baby Come home).  There is the second disc with the bonus Live at Olympia.

What did I just get?  Are there different versions for different countries.

This is a Russian fake released in 2014.

No idea as to why they added those 3 songs onto this pirate.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

I understand this pirate is very good, however check the back of it these fake copyrights should be there

Fake company credits from back cover: 
This reissue ℗ & © 2014 Atlantic Recording Corporation, a Warner Music Group Company. 
Manufactured & Marketed by Warner Music Group. Made in EU. 

This cd does sound good compared to my earlier CD from the 1990s. 

How does the sound quality sound compared to the official release?

I do see the fake copyrights mentioned. That is a shame.  I was hoping for a legitimate copy.  

Very interesting! I would guess the mastering is a clone of the official 2014 reissue - however, I would guess the mastering for the 3 extra tracks is taken from the 1993 George Marino-mastered CD of Coda from the Complete Studio Albums box set, because that's pretty much the only place you could get "Baby Come on Home" as of 2014. The track of course appeared on the recent Coda reissue, but that came out in 2015, so it was not available to the Russian bootleggers (or anyone else) in 2014.