05/21/1977 How The Time Flies

Crimson Avenger

I just finished listening to the remaster of 5/21/77 called How The Time Flies, and I love it. Sounds superb, and all the band - Jimmy included - are right on it. A great example of how a good remastering can make a bare 77 board tape into something very listenable indeed.

39 minutes ago, Crimson Avenger said:

I just finished listening to the remaster of 5/21/77 called How The Time Flies, and I love it. Sounds superb, and all the band - Jimmy included - are right on it. A great example of how a good remastering can make a bare 77 board tape into something very listenable indeed.

I have the "The Dragon Snake" remaster taking it's lineage from "The Drum N Bass Show" [Beelzebub Records - 47/48/49]

I wonder which is better? Care to swap? Unfortunately the one I have is MP3s

I am undergoing a project where I am remastering all available live shows.

I have created a "magic formula" to get the best quality out of any available Led Zeppelin show. I am posting a comparison on here soon to show the difference it is quite mind blowing if I may say so myself.

I am also taking show requests.

25 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I have created a "magic formula" to get the best quality out of any available Led Zeppelin show. I am posting a comparison on here soon to show the difference it is quite mind blowing if I may say so myself.

Was this your work then? If so, I salute you!

I wonder how it compares to the one I have which was a "4 Eyed Freak" remaster of the Empress Valley title? I had downloaded the Beelzebub ages ago and discarded it. Way too much EQ , a lot of their stuff was shite...a few good ones though. Most were over EQ'd and distorted.  I'd love to hear your remasters sometime , Stairway Remains . Keep us informed if your sharing them someplace. 

6 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I'd love to hear your magic formula version. I am listening to this 4 Eyed Freak version and it's still pretty dry and flat sounding. Part of the issue I have with these 77 boards is the drum kit sounds very flat and dry compared to Bonzo's other kits. Its my least favorite live sound of his. There's not much resonance with the stainless kit, don't know if that's just the nature of those drums or if it's the way they come off on the board mix. Also, the snare sounds like it's mostly being picked up by the underside mic rather than the batter side so it has that crispy, dry sound.

Looking forward to your samples. 

6 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Requests? Requests??? Ok, April 10th please. If you can make that listenable you have my eternal admiration.

8 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

I'd love to hear what you can do with just about any of the 77 soundboards. I'd personally prefer something like 5/30, but just about any of those soundboards will do. They sound pretty flat and lifeless as is.

I would love to get a copy of this . If anybody is willing to share the North Bridge remaster files , I would greatly appreciate it. I'm happy to return the favor with another show if wanted. Thanks in advance. 

I haven't heard any versions of this show that sound much better than Dragon Snake, to be honest. Its a stellar recording, and unlike a lot of '77 soundboards Jimmy is higher in the mix. Like 5/30. 5/21 just has a tinny sound. One that doesn't seem to go away. Jimmy isn't playing the best either, all others are on point. You hear Bonham yell Over the Hills! Only a few more nights Bonzo...

Trampled is dope though.

Archived