New to Bootlegs

elKZacha

Hia all,

As the title says, apart from TSRTS soundtrack, I don't have much patience for some of the bootlegs I've heard. 

Can anyone provide some suggestions for some decent recordings?

Preferably with links if you're able to.

Cheers!

All of these have a good balance of sound quality and performance. If you're looking for the best sound quality, Any Port in a Storm is probably your best bet. Either that or Four Blocks in the Snow (sadly, the latter was taken off of Youtube. Shoot me a PM if you want that one. Just beware that Robert has the flu at that show!). If you're looking for the best performance, I'd vote for either Live on Blueberry Hill or Listen to this Eddie. Let me know if you want others!

51 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

All of these have a good balance of sound quality and performance. If you're looking for the best sound quality, Any Port in a Storm is probably your best bet. Either that or Four Blocks in the Snow (sadly, the latter was taken off of Youtube. Shoot me a PM if you want that one. Just beware that Robert has the flu at that show!). If you're looking for the best performance, I'd vote for either Live on Blueberry Hill or Listen to this Eddie. Let me know if you want others!

That's excellent, thanks. I've heard good things about the Copenhagen warmup so that'll be my first thing to check out.

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

You're about to embark on a magical journey. Some of these live shows will follow you throughout your life.

Indeed, I first bought Mudslide and Blueberry Hill forty five years ago when I was Fifteen years old, I have listened to both of them recently.

2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

You're about to embark on a magical journey. Some of these live shows will follow you throughout your life.

I 100% relate to and agree with this.

Discovering these boots has been beyond my wildest dreams not really understanding the boot scene until very recently.

My first bootleg - I was in a record shop in Providence RI - 1982.  There was an "import" section.  I wondered what that was?  So I started flipping through.  I saw a black album cover with the four symbols on it.  I asked the guy if I could listen to it for a bit before buying.  I dropped the needle and I Can't Quit You Baby blasted out in excellent quality.  It was the 1969 BBC bootleg album, the June show.  I was hooked.  You should have seen the look on the guy's face when I yelled out "I'll take it !!"  From then on I was looking in the "import" section of record stores wherever I was.  I am sure many of you remember all the time spent searching in record stores for "import" vinyl releases.  Some of my favorite finds back then were For Badgeholders Only, Blueberry Hill, Persistance (Kezar), Knebworth, etc.  Then we would make cassette copies and trade them in snail mail. Ah, the 1980s and early 90s..... 

Archived