The Final Acclaim

In Dave Lewis' Book on page 19 there is mention of a film crew following the band for a forthcoming Zeppelin TV doc. .Since G was keen on not ever putting the band on TV my question is did this ever get done? If so is there any video of this? Thanks in advance. .  

Perhaps Dave can explain it. The tour was virtually ignored by the press and nothing comes to mind as far as any pro-shot footage existing. Grant preferred not to showcase the band on television, but was not adamantly opposed to it as the early Scandinavian/German telecasts attest.

11 hours ago, Wolfman said:

What tour was it?

The book says the band was leaving for the FIFTH US and Canada tour ca. March 1970. . I just became friends with Dave Lewis and seems gracious with the answers to a couple questions so Ill have to ask. . 

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Final Acclaim focuses exclusively on the 1980 Tour of Europe.

Are you thinking Feather In The Wind because this book is kind of a breakdown of the bands career and some afterwards?. . 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, Bozoso73 said:

In Dave Lewis' Book on page 19 there is mention of a film crew following the band for a forthcoming Zeppelin TV doc. .Since G was keen on not ever putting the band on TV my question is did this ever get done? If so is there any video of this? Thanks in advance. .  

I'm pretty sure I read in one of my many Led Zeppelin books that this documentary was knocked on the head before it got started.

Yeah, think I heard that too. Arguably even the very early film/video on the official HTWWW does not really fully capture the

full impact of the band. Frustrating for fans who want all, but full passes of Knebworth and even the main circulating EC video,

show Grant was ultimately right, let the fans imagine the band live.

Archived