Retrospective for anniversary?

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

If the Floyd could pull off a retrospective, Zeppelin could easily pull one off. What exactly does Floyd have to display? An inflatable pig? Some styrofoam bricks? Floyd were not exactly known for elaborate stage costumes like Bowie or stage set ups like the Stones yet here we are. Zeppelin could easily pull this off. Between Page's equipment & costumes, plus the other band member outfits and gear it would be no problem. Throw in the thousands of groupies' lost virginity and pics and you have quite the show.

Zep, for all its mystery, actually has quite a bit of memorabilia and artifact if you think about it. Every tour was different from the last and you sure cannot say that about other bands.

A 50 year retrospective is VERY doable.

With these types of exhibitions, it's about who is putting it together and the vision that they bring to the project. In Pink Floyd's case, they had the legendary Aubrey Powell. Even so, it's not that big of a deal. Now, we already know who Page would get to put together a Led Zeppelin exhibition--Ross Halfin. If you like vanity project websites, book stampings, water-marked photos and performing artists who fails to perform, the line forms behind you. 

Ultimately it's a matter of choice ... either you'd go or you wouldn't.  I think there would be more than enough material for an exhibition and there'd be an enormous number of people who would want to go.  Those that wouldn't want to go could stay at home...

2 hours ago, missmoneypenny said:

Ultimately it's a matter of choice ... either you'd go or you wouldn't.  I think there would be more than enough material for an exhibition and there'd be an enormous number of people who would want to go.  Those that wouldn't want to go could stay at home...

So it will be similar to a Robert Plant concert. :lol:

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Now, we already know who Page would get to put together a Led Zeppelin exhibition--Ross Halfin

I never thought about Ross, that indeed changes everything. I really don't like that evil little midget. Every time I see Ross with Jimmy all I can think of is that Jimmy did indeed perform the Working at Boleskine back in the day. However instead of summoning Horus, Ross Halfin is what emerged from the dimensional portal and has been Jimmy's "minder" ever since.

I wonder what Robert, JPJ, & Jason think of Ross?

17 hours ago, missmoneypenny said:

Absolutely. Here are some potential bits...

Guitars, basses, keyboards, amps, pedals, effects, Jonesey's recorders used on Stairway, Plants lyric sheets , music notes, lead sheets (if any exist) ,  Jimmy suits, Roberts package jeans and blouses, Bonzos Clockwork suit and bowler, some or all of his drum kits and an array of cymbals, studio session notes, previously unseen footage from TSRTS filming, authentic tour memorabilia, clothing, and posters, awards they were given ( Hiroshima) ,  the organ from the Starship, a historic chronology of major tours with appropriate memorabilia and possibly instruments used, 73,75,77 , a section on the phenomena of unofficial Zep recordings.

Interactive tour with headsets that play audio related to each display as you approach the display area, and in the live tour sections, recorded excerpts corresponding to that particular tour. 

1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

Absolutely. Here are some potential bits...

Guitars, basses, keyboards, amps, pedals, effects, Jonesey's recorders used on Stairway, Plants lyric sheets , music notes, lead sheets (if any exist) ,  Jimmy suits, Roberts package jeans and blouses, Bonzos Clockwork suit and bowler, some or all of his drum kits and an array of cymbals, studio session notes, previously unseen footage from TSRTS filming, authentic tour memorabilia, clothing, and posters, awards they were given ( Hiroshima) ,  the organ from the Starship, a historic chronology of major tours with appropriate memorabilia and possibly instruments used, 73,75,77 , a section on the phenomena of unofficial Zep recordings.

Interactive tour with headsets that play audio related to each display as you approach the display area, and in the live tour sections, recorded excerpts corresponding to that particular tour. 

I would like to see ladies dressed as groupies hanging about and that stoned gal from TSRTS walking about going, "tickets please...anyone got any tickets for sale..." Oh, and those three heads the cops let in back stage. Have the one guy sneak up on people with arms stretched and go "Heyyyyyyyyyyy..."

6 minutes ago, IpMan said:

I would like to see ladies dressed as groupies hanging about and that stoned gal from TSRTS walking about going, "tickets please...anyone got any tickets for sale..." Oh, and those three heads the cops let in back stage. Have the one guy sneak up on people with arms stretched and go "Heyyyyyyyyyyy..."

Oh, yeah. Maybe have the Houses of the Holy kids as adults be the welcome team. Maybe a taxidermy room , with the black Labrador, the stiff stuffed falcon from Plants fantasy in a glass case. Dr Badgelys medical implements. 

4 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Oh, yeah. Maybe have the Houses of the Holy kids as adults be the welcome team. Maybe a taxidermy room , with the black Labrador, the stiff stuffed falcon from Plants fantasy in a glass case. Dr Badgelys medical implements. 

:hysterical: I believe this is really coming together

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

:hysterical:

Oh, my sides!

Hire an obnoxious, overweight guy to shout at people as they enter "Talk to me! I'm the bloody manager of the group!" 

Hire the Plaster Casters to make molds for ten bucks a pop (ages twelve and up).

Have a small caravan parked on site as part of an Oakland '77 exhibit. Get Richard Cole to beat the shit out of random attendees.

This is really gonna be something!    

1 hour ago, Brigante said:

Arf! Maybe Warren's still got the sign... 

Yes, next to a jar containing Jim Matzorkis front teeth.

47 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

....don't forget the limited edition, signed and numbered plastic mud shark.

:hysterical:

As much as many people are saying these things facetiously, the band displaying a good sense of humor with items demonstrating false stories surrounding the band, IMHO, would be a great idea. Popping the balloon on these stories with satire would be both fun and useful.

What I can't get out of my mind was the jacket and pants worn by Jimmy on one 75' gig at a 88' Zep convention. Hilariously

the getup had shrunk considerably, so that it looked like Jimmy couldn't be more than 5'3 or 5'4. Totally preposterous as some

attendees I heard were actually confused and saying "I thought Jimmy was around six foot". Anyway the mystique of

parading around some of the main Zep touchstones would decrease, Jimmy knows it, not gonna happen.

Archived