Hoarding Live Zep. .

Bozoso73

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Harbaugh refused to make things right in the "Freezer's Revenge" saga because he didn't want to give up the identity of who made it public that Freezer's NOLA audience tapes were indeed circulating- he was afraid if he named names it would fuck up his trading status with them. He even admitted as much in the discussion and was rightly smacked down by Freezer and others. 

Apparently Freezer did circulate his '71 NOLA recording to some people but he'd always said that the recording wasn't up to his standard. If it sounds like shit, that might also factor into why it hasn't circulated. That said, I've heard his 1971 NOLA Allman Brothers recording, which is damned fine- if the Zep recording didn't sound like that...

When Harbaugh PM'd me over at RO about the Indianapolis '77 recording, no, he didn't tease me with a sample or anything, just claimed that the discs were "sitting in his garage rotting away" and that the performance or the sound quality really "wasn't anything special". Pure taunting and teasing just the same, the guy's a fucking asshole. I do believe in one discussion or another here a few years back I posted the entire conversation Harbaugh and I had. It pisses me off to this day, to be honest, which sounds fucking stupid 'cos in this day and age there are a helluva lot more important things to be angry about than a hoarded 1977 Led Zeppelin recording, but just the same...

It sounds to be with all his nonsense that his standing in the trader world has been shot to pieces anyway. .  Could he really be pulling your chain on having I'77 or do you believe it to be true? Could it be time to give this guy a chance to make it right now or do you believe it'll never see the light of day(if it exists)?

14 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

It sounds to be with all his nonsense that his standing in the trader world has been shot to pieces anyway. .  Could he really be pulling your chain on having I'77 or do you believe it to be true? Could it be time to give this guy a chance to make it right now or do you believe it'll never see the light of day(if it exists)?

He could have been pulling my chain, I don't know. Knowing the guy is a total fucking con man/bullshit artist I took it all with a grain of salt. I don't think he knew that I knew who he was. I doubt at this late date that Indy '77 will come out, but fuck it.

"You don't know who we are, but we know who you are!" - Robert De Niro, Goodfellas

On 5/17/2017 at 10:02 PM, Nutrocker said:

He could have been pulling my chain, I don't know. Knowing the guy is a total fucking con man/bullshit artist I took it all with a grain of salt. I don't think he knew that I knew who he was. I doubt at this late date that Indy '77 will come out, but fuck it.

"You don't know who we are, but we know who you are!" - Robert De Niro, Goodfellas

Hi NR:) Since we're engaged in this convo and it still seems to baffle me that there are people out there that hoard. . and we have possibly a new SBD with 3/21/75 coming out. . Where do these keep coming from? It seems to be one a year coming out on some high priced EVSD vehicle. .Now the 7/17/77 box message. . Could it be Page? Do you think the stolen stash from the 80's is the source? Im blown away that tapes of all kinds from 40+ years ago keep popping up. . These hoarded ones you all are speaking of might not see the light of day because people have mental issues but how much do you believe are still out there?? 

Rose Palace, Pasadena 1969. Anaheim 1970. The latter I know the someone who has it. Had a few convos with him back in the mid-1990's. Looking back, he was a total self-important tool.

Supposedly two nights of Cincinnati 1977 is out there complete...

Edited by gcczep

14 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

These hoarded ones you all are speaking of might not see the light of day because people have mental issues but how much do you believe are still out there?? 

I don't think we wanna know how many tapes are still out there. I've said it before: if you think hoarding a tape of a fourty-odd year old Led Zeppelin concert that maybe 0.0000001% of the population cares about is gonna make you Grand Poohbah Of All Creation, yeah, you do have a mental issue or two to get sorted out. 

Edited by Nutrocker

Other than the bands archives ( or "misplaced" tapes from years ago) I don't think many tapes are in the hands of so called hoarders.   Most tapes have been liberated or circulated at this point.   I sure hope a few more turn up eventually but in the late 80s and 90s new tapes were surfacing on a regular basis.   Right now it's been a LONG time since more than one or two new audience tapes circulated. 

6 hours ago, John Teegen Sr. said:

i have about 40 gbs of hard drives that contain nothing but led zeppelin bootleg cds and dvds in uncompressed form with sleeves and everything.

Edited by Bozoso73

• 4 weeks later...

I think its human nature to 'hoard' things.  Not everyone does this, but a great many do.  Whether its food, supplies, or even non essential items, there is something that makes us feel good about hanging on to stuff that we made want or need one day, whether to keep for our own use or for bartering with others in the future.  I like buying nice wine and spirits.  When I discover something good, I always buy an extra one (or two) for the cellar or cabinet.

But taunting other with what you possess, knowing they want or need it -- man, that's kinda sick

• 2 years later...

Why would someone want to hoard live Zeppelin boots without sharing?

1) wait / hold out to cash in & use for retirement $$$$???

2) mental problems???

3) power issues ???  (See # 2)

4) they forgot they have it or inherited it??? (Sitting in an attic or garage) 

5) kept as a personal souvenir, afraid if or as soon as they share, someone will take them and use for profit (exploit opportunity)??? (See # 2)

6) They’re waiting on JP / authorities to personally visit them to return his stolen tapes??? (see # 2) 

7) writing their tell-all book and / or made for tv / Netflix documentary screenplay??? (See # 1 & / or # 2)

fill in the blank and share your hoarding story...

R😎

9E5F8BD5-589B-4816-AD92-3A840F6FC260.jpeg

F101F9D4-C34C-4062-B08F-0EB843469288.jpeg

Edited by reids

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 3:13 AM, Nutrocker said:

When Freezer gave the 1977 Baton Rouge show to the head of the Traders Den site in 2008, he gave her the 1971 show as well. Nine years later, we're still waiting...

The Indianapolis '77 show also exists. The dumbass architect behind the whole "Freezer's Revenge" fiasco, a fellow by the name of Adam Harbaugh (aka "Javit" at the Royal Orleans site) claimed to be hoarding it and taunted me with a few private messages at RO about it years ago. That was the end of me at the Hotel because I decided to call him out publicly about it. 

Adam's been MIA for quite some time or i've not been up on things.  When Freezer passed away I believe any chance of hearing his unreleased recordings went with him.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:48 PM, Xolo1974 said:

I'd be more interested in the '71 show. '77 was nailed by the Millard tapes. 

Nutrocker - as far as you know is there this much animosity in trading circles in relation to other bands? I've read up on the Freezers Revenge stuff and seen some of the posts between Art (?) and other collectors. I mean, holy fuck!!! It gets real nasty. 

It was nasty for sure.  At one point Adam was threatening to show up at my front door and settle things.  I think eventually it settled down a bit but the Freezer's Revenge thread is legendery and would make for a good movie lol.

45 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I don’t funk any real hoarding goes on anymore.  Might be a couple tapes out there but not much.   Everything is out there

The best stuff is what page is hoarding between 1968-1972

I used to believe this too, but the appearance this year of the 12-3-72 Glasgow show (a real gem) and the solid Detroit '72 show makes me rethink it.  I agree there's probably not a lot hidden away, but there are probably some nice surprises.

21 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I used to believe this too, but the appearance this year of the 12-3-72 Glasgow show (a real gem) and the solid Detroit '72 show makes me rethink it.  I agree there's probably not a lot hidden away, but there are probably some nice surprises.

Agreed.   It seems these days when something is discovered it get handed off to someone to transfer it correctly and then circulated freely.

26 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Still holding out hope that a Denver '72 tape is out there... It's unbelievable to me that the US 72 Tour only has 3 dates without a circulating recording, and two of them (Denver and San Diego) were at the point where the tour has reached its peak. For all we know, Seattle '72 doesn't hold a feather to the Denver performance. What I wouldn't do for more audience tapes to just pop up already... Still, the Detroit tape popping up is a miracle.

Edited by June72

1 hour ago, June72 said:

Still holding out hope that a Denver '72 tape is out there... It's unbelievable to me that the US 72 Tour only has 3 dates without a circulating recording, and two of them (Denver and San Diego) were at the point where the tour has reached its peak. For all we know, Seattle '72 doesn't hold a feather to the Denver performance. What I wouldn't do for more audience tapes to just pop up already... Still, the Detroit tape popping up is a miracle.

The encores from 6/15/72 Nassau Col probably equal Seattle and Denver and LA.

12 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I don’t think any real hoarding goes on anymore.  Might be a couple tapes out there but not much.   Everything is out there

The best stuff is what page is hoarding between 1968-1972

There's more out there for sure. 1975 boards for example. Prob many audience tapes.  Some are hoarded, some are simply being kept for personal reasons until the owner feels ready to make it public. The guy who had the Detroit 72 tape is a very nice guy and not a "hoarder" at all. He simply didn't think many people would care about it because of the quality. 

3 hours ago, June72 said:

That's probably true. And we don't even have a full recording of the night before, another batshit marathon.

I believe the 6/14/72 recording is complete.   

6/14 & 15/72 really need upgrades.   What a set of shows.  Both with extended encores.   It was one of their best run of shows ever.

Edited by Sticks of Fire

35 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I believe the 6/14/72 recording is complete.   

6/14 & 15/72 really need upgrades.   What a set of shows.  Both with extended encores.   It was one of their best run of shows ever.

Yes sadly the 14th cuts off during BIOH. It's likely that was the final song of the evening, but we can't know until we see a SBD.

Edit: The real tragedy is the fact that we're missing all encores from the 15th. As you said it's long rumored to have been another marathon, but I'd kill to get that audio to back it up.

Edited by June72

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, TheEnforcer3 said:

Adam's been MIA for quite some time or i've not been up on things.  When Freezer passed away I believe any chance of hearing his unreleased recordings went with him.

I'm inclined to agree. There's a handful of people out there who Freezer obviously gave copies of his Zeppelin recordings to, either the complete shows or his "sampler" discs, but when the man said, keep it to yourself, they honoured his wishes. That says a lot...Freezer pissed off a lot of people but he got respect as well. 

Sooner or later it will be released. Money is the biggest value these days, and I am saying that not as a someone, to whom money is God. No! i just realize it's the world we're living in. Sad but true.

I've been informed also that at least three (!) complete boards from LA 77 stint are in circulation and it's only a matter of time to see them being pressed on silvers. 10k for a tape isn't the problem for the bootleggers. They got a much bigger profits while selling this.

Edited by zepster1979

On 11/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, reids said:

Why would someone want to hoard live Zeppelin boots without sharing?

1) wait / hold out to cash in & use for retirement $$$$???

2) mental problems???

3) power issues ???  (See # 2)

4) they forgot they have it or inherited it??? (Sitting in an attic or garage) 

5) kept as a personal souvenir, afraid if or as soon as they share, someone will take them and use for profit (exploit opportunity)??? (See # 2)

6) They’re waiting on JP / authorities to personally visit them to return his stolen tapes??? (see # 2) 

7) writing their tell-all book and / or made for tv / Netflix documentary screenplay??? (See # 1 & / or # 2)

fill in the blank and share your hoarding story...

I'm not hoarding any Led Zeppelin recordings, but I do have some Led Zeppelin solo era recordings that remain unreleased. I'm not necessarily hoarding them, it's really just a question of when and if I'll ever find the time to locate and release them.

I do have some exceptional non-Led Zeppelin related recordings that I am purposefully hoarding for two reasons. The first is that I am using them for leverage to try to compel a label to do an official live release and the second is to use them for leverage to arrange a meeting with the artist involved. I would be willing to drop my campaign for an official release in exchange for the opportunity to place my own personal recordings directly into the hands of the artist I recorded.