Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bozoso73

Hoarding Live Zep. .

34 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Harbaugh refused to make things right in the "Freezer's Revenge" saga because he didn't want to give up the identity of who made it public that Freezer's NOLA audience tapes were indeed circulating- he was afraid if he named names it would fuck up his trading status with them. He even admitted as much in the discussion and was rightly smacked down by Freezer and others. 

Apparently Freezer did circulate his '71 NOLA recording to some people but he'd always said that the recording wasn't up to his standard. If it sounds like shit, that might also factor into why it hasn't circulated. That said, I've heard his 1971 NOLA Allman Brothers recording, which is damned fine- if the Zep recording didn't sound like that...

When Harbaugh PM'd me over at RO about the Indianapolis '77 recording, no, he didn't tease me with a sample or anything, just claimed that the discs were "sitting in his garage rotting away" and that the performance or the sound quality really "wasn't anything special". Pure taunting and teasing just the same, the guy's a fucking asshole. I do believe in one discussion or another here a few years back I posted the entire conversation Harbaugh and I had. It pisses me off to this day, to be honest, which sounds fucking stupid 'cos in this day and age there are a helluva lot more important things to be angry about than a hoarded 1977 Led Zeppelin recording, but just the same...

It sounds to be with all his nonsense that his standing in the trader world has been shot to pieces anyway. .  Could he really be pulling your chain on having I'77 or do you believe it to be true? Could it be time to give this guy a chance to make it right now or do you believe it'll never see the light of day(if it exists)?

14 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

It sounds to be with all his nonsense that his standing in the trader world has been shot to pieces anyway. .  Could he really be pulling your chain on having I'77 or do you believe it to be true? Could it be time to give this guy a chance to make it right now or do you believe it'll never see the light of day(if it exists)?

He could have been pulling my chain, I don't know. Knowing the guy is a total fucking con man/bullshit artist I took it all with a grain of salt. I don't think he knew that I knew who he was. I doubt at this late date that Indy '77 will come out, but fuck it.

"You don't know who we are, but we know who you are!" - Robert De Niro, Goodfellas

On 5/17/2017 at 10:02 PM, Nutrocker said:

He could have been pulling my chain, I don't know. Knowing the guy is a total fucking con man/bullshit artist I took it all with a grain of salt. I don't think he knew that I knew who he was. I doubt at this late date that Indy '77 will come out, but fuck it.

"You don't know who we are, but we know who you are!" - Robert De Niro, Goodfellas

Hi NR:) Since we're engaged in this convo and it still seems to baffle me that there are people out there that hoard. . and we have possibly a new SBD with 3/21/75 coming out. . Where do these keep coming from? It seems to be one a year coming out on some high priced EVSD vehicle. .Now the 7/17/77 box message. . Could it be Page? Do you think the stolen stash from the 80's is the source? Im blown away that tapes of all kinds from 40+ years ago keep popping up. . These hoarded ones you all are speaking of might not see the light of day because people have mental issues but how much do you believe are still out there?? 

Posted (edited)

Rose Palace, Pasadena 1969. Anaheim 1970. The latter I know the someone who has it. Had a few convos with him back in the mid-1990's. Looking back, he was a total self-important tool.

Supposedly two nights of Cincinnati 1977 is out there complete...

Edited by gcczep

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

These hoarded ones you all are speaking of might not see the light of day because people have mental issues but how much do you believe are still out there?? 

I don't think we wanna know how many tapes are still out there. I've said it before: if you think hoarding a tape of a fourty-odd year old Led Zeppelin concert that maybe 0.0000001% of the population cares about is gonna make you Grand Poohbah Of All Creation, yeah, you do have a mental issue or two to get sorted out. 

Edited by Nutrocker

Other than the bands archives ( or "misplaced" tapes from years ago) I don't think many tapes are in the hands of so called hoarders.   Most tapes have been liberated or circulated at this point.   I sure hope a few more turn up eventually but in the late 80s and 90s new tapes were surfacing on a regular basis.   Right now it's been a LONG time since more than one or two new audience tapes circulated. 

i have about 40 gbs of hard drives that contain nothing but led zeppelin bootleg cds and dvds in uncompressed form with sleeves and everything.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, John Teegen Sr. said:

i have about 40 gbs of hard drives that contain nothing but led zeppelin bootleg cds and dvds in uncompressed form with sleeves and everything.

Edited by Bozoso73

I think its human nature to 'hoard' things.  Not everyone does this, but a great many do.  Whether its food, supplies, or even non essential items, there is something that makes us feel good about hanging on to stuff that we made want or need one day, whether to keep for our own use or for bartering with others in the future.  I like buying nice wine and spirits.  When I discover something good, I always buy an extra one (or two) for the cellar or cabinet.

But taunting other with what you possess, knowing they want or need it -- man, that's kinda sick