The recording dates for the tracks on "The Song Remains The Same"

This has probably already been asked before, but I can't seem to find any info for it online or on the forum. I'm curious to know which nights of the three-night madison square garden run the songs from the song remains the same soundtrack (Particularly the 2007 reissue) were recorded. Anybody happen to know where I can find that out?

11 minutes ago, Bags_Groove said:

Cheers, thanks for the link. 

Its absolutely mind bending that he was able to surgically identify all the different cuts /edits. Look at Since I've Been Loving You ..LOL! Insane. I love how he describes the criminal cut in No Quarter from the film to exist on the 2007 CD. Fucking unforgivable choice there! 

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, porgie66 said:

I love how he describes the criminal cut in No Quarter from the film to exist on the 2007 CD. Fucking unforgivable choice there! 

Agreed, that cut is so jarring it rips you out of the whole thing. Criminal's the right word.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:51 PM, porgie66 said:

Its absolutely mind bending that he was able to surgically identify all the different cuts /edits. Look at Since I've Been Loving You ..LOL! Insane. I love how he describes the criminal cut in No Quarter from the film to exist on the 2007 CD. Fucking unforgivable choice there! 

+1. . the 2007 remaster is JP's George Lucas moment of adding/subtracting things that we grew accustom to for 30 years that I didnt think needed to be touched. .My opinion on the matter doesnt count though. .I thought it was great as it was

On 5/15/2017 at 0:51 AM, porgie66 said:

I love how he describes the criminal cut in No Quarter from the film to exist on the 2007 CD. Fucking unforgivable choice there! 

I have nothing really to add, but it's just that what you've said here can't be said enough. WTF were they thinking?

I'm not going to defend the 2007 version - but one thing to keep in mind is that some of the crappy edits on the 2007 version were because they did a single mix, edit, and mastering for the CD and DVD re-releases, and so all the tracks that appear in the movie had to be edited to fit the existing video footage - apparently Page doesn't have the rights that would allow him to recut/change the video in any way.

That said, I agree with others - it was f***ing stupid not to make the audio version its own thing and keep the musical integrity of the original 9 tracks.

5 hours ago, Balthazor said:

I have nothing really to add, but it's just that what you've said here can't be said enough. WTF were they thinking?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. It was one of the finest moments on the original TSRTS

Archived