Millard Tapes List

Bags_Groove

• 3/11/75 - Long Beach
  • 3/12/75 - Long Beach (only the last songs of show)
  • 3/24/75 - LA Forum
  • 3/25/75 - LA Forum
  • 3/27/75 - LA Forum
  • 6/19/77 - San Diego
  • 6/21/77 - LA Forum
  • 6/23/77 - LA Forum (missed first few songs)
  • 6/25/77 - LA Forum
  • 6/27/77 - LA Forum

• 1 month later...

I have listened to some of these shows.  For an audience recording (that is, just a guy and a good quality microphone) they do sound decent.  Its sad that they are no where close to a professional recording.  But they are still fine documents of some great shows

• 2 weeks later...

After listening to the 77 Cali run, you can identify some familiar voices in his recordings. Or at least sound similar.

Has anyone identified, if ever, Mike recorded his voice?

I would hope he wasn't the "Hey asshole" guy in LTTE during the solo!

15 hours ago, No Quota said:

After listening to the 77 Cali run, you can identify some familiar voices in his recordings. Or at least sound similar.

Dunno about Millard's voice, but I wonder if anybody over the years ever tracked down the guy who kept yelling for "'Heartbreaker'!!!!" during the June 21 show :P

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Dunno about Millard's voice, but I wonder if anybody over the years ever tracked down the guy who kept yelling for "'Heartbreaker'!!!!" during the June 21 show :P

"Chris! Chris!..."

"Tell him to put that beer down before I come down there and fucking take it!"

Always thought that was Millard yelling those things. 

On 22/06/2017 at 3:31 AM, irondirigible said:

I have listened to some of these shows.  For an audience recording (that is, just a guy and a good quality microphone) they do sound decent.  Its sad that they are no where close to a professional recording.  But they are still fine documents of some great shows

Respectfully disagree. I've heard far worse officially released live recordings

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, No Quota said:

I think he does an "owww" for a level check at the beginning of his Pink Floyd April 1975 LA Forum recording.

Of the LA 77 run I listen to 6/25 most beside 6/21. . Theres the idiot thats goin on and on during the acoustic set and the dumb broad yelling out "Did you know it is against the law to rock and roll in the U.S.A.?!?" and some twit trying to ask Robert if he still has his Elvis shirt. . THANK GOD some chick out of nowhere finally yells "SHUT UP!!!!" ahahahahhahahah LOVE THAT!! :hysterical: it almost ruins the show and I would imagine MM was shooting lasers into peoples skulls. . 

Archived