Help please: Photos of John Bindon with the band

TheBaboonRemainsTheSame

2 hours ago, TheBaboonRemainsTheSame said:

Hello All, I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Where could I get hold of a good quality copy of a photo of John with any members of Led Zeppelin? I'm planning to print it, frame it and hang it up for his Dad.

John Bindon's Dad? If alive, he must be in his 90s. I have the Bindon biography but not at arm's reach. There must be good photos in it.

5 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

John Bindon's Dad? If alive, he must be in his 90s. I have the Bindon biography but not at arm's reach. There must be good photos in it.

Indeed he is - 94 next month. He's only just relented to allow me to put some pictures up, I was hoping a picture of John & Zep would be a conversation point for visitors. Got to exercise the old fella's memory as much as possible!

If by biography you're referring to the Wensley Clarkson book then no - there's no Zep photos in it.

1 hour ago, TheBaboonRemainsTheSame said:

Indeed he is - 94 next month. He's only just relented to allow me to put some pictures up, I was hoping a picture of John & Zep would be a conversation point for visitors. Got to exercise the old fella's memory as much as possible!

If by biography you're referring to the Wensley Clarkson book then no - there's no Zep photos in it.

Yes, that is the biography I have. The thought just occurred to me - and perhaps it's been discussed here before -- but to my eyes it sure looks like John Bindon at 1:53 of the video clip below:

2 of those 3 pics show him leading by the arm...maybe also in that first pic from Oakland. I would think Page and Plant wouldn't like to have their arm held like that much of the time. I suppose that's common for security but seems like it would be annoying. 

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Yes, that is the biography I have. The thought just occurred to me - and perhaps it's been discussed here before -- but to my eyes it sure looks like John Bindon at 1:53 of the video clip below:

Certainly looks like him. Even with that being filmed in '74, Grant knew Bindon long before hiring him in '77.

Archived