Good music can get you out of a ticket...

Thought I would fill you all in on a little story that happened to my buddy the other day. I recently got him into Zep and he had just bought TSRTS and had it on full blast in his car. He pulled up next to a cop with it playing (he has very loud speakers) and parked. When he got out the cop told him he was going to give him a ticket for how loud it was but since it was Zeppelin he was going to let him off. Cool cop if I may say so myself :bubble:

anybody got any similar stories?

One night over two decades ago I got out of a possible DUI thanks to NWA. A friend and I were leaving the bar one night, but instead of doing the smart thing and heading straight home, we decided to drive over to the 24 hour store to get a frozen pizza. We had been drinking all night, and I was probably well over the legal limit, but this was 1990 or 91 and nobody really cared much about drunk driving at that time. Anyhow, we came to a red light and there was a cop car sitting there. This was summer, so everyone had their windows open. Being an idiot, I apparently started yelling obscenities at this police car, which I honestly don't remember doing. The cop pulled us over and started giving me grief about the things I'd yelled at him, and I argued and insisted that I hadn't yelled anything (because I had no memory of yelling anything). Then my friend, who was usually good at getting me into trouble not out of it, leaned over and told the cop that I had been singing along to the NWA song "Fuck the Police", and turned on the CD player to demonstrate. We had been listening to that song prior to going into the bar, so sure enough "Fuck the Police" was playing. The cop grumbled a bit but let us go.

Archived