Pablo Escobar

kingzoso

I am currently reading a great Book called "Killing Pablo" and want to know if others have read or are somewhat of aware of who Don Pablo was.  If anyone on this forum has ever done (or cares to admit) about  doing the little bit of the white powder, in the late 1970's or early 1980's, then you and I have somewhat contributed to the war that was waged between Pablo Esbocbar and the war He raised against the Columbian Government. 

14 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I am currently reading a great Book called "Killing Pablo" and want to know if others have read or are somewhat of aware of who Don Pablo was.  If anyone on this forum has ever done (or cares to admit) about  doing the little bit of the white powder, in the late 1970's or early 1980's, then you and I have somewhat contributed to the war that was waged between Pablo Esbocbar and the war He raised against the Columbian Government. 

Yes, great book. Very well written, engaging. Once I started it I couldn't put it down. There is a great documentary called Sins of My Father which is about Pablo's son , Juan. Really excellent. 

13 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Zep must've funded a whole Lotta bullets is all I'm sayin 

I do believe that you are correct in your sayin, although, all of the cocaine that Led Zeppelin and every other Rock and Roll Band did during the 1970's and 1980's, along with the millions of other Americans who did cocaine, did so out of sheer pleasure and did not know that they were funding a war between the Medellin Cartel and the government of Columbia. 

It was estimated that Pablo Escobar was worth 30 billion dollars by the time he was 40 years old.  That fact alone makes Pablo Escobar such a unique and fascinating person in my opinion, albeit a unique and fascinating and a complete murderer and Narco Terrorist.  Reading this great book, I certainly have a lot of empathy for the thousands of innocent Columbian civilians that were killed or murdered during His "reign of terror". 

Damn I hate coke. Tried it once and after 20 minutes it wore off. Talk about little bang for your buck. The woman I was with had a good once of the stuff so we kept hitting that shit all night long. Then at 3am when the stash was gone she looks at me with this dumb ass look on her face. I ask her what was wrong and she just mumbled, "Um, I don't have any valium or weed..." Ok, so I ask who cares. She then tells me, "You will, in about an hour when you crash harder than a motorcycle vs. truck accident." Needless to say her assessment was spot on. I have never felt that shitty before or since in my whole life, and for the whole day. Could not sleep, could not talk, my mind racing yet could not hold a thought, the shakes, feeling insanely anxious, wanting to move yet not willing to move. What a fucking horrible drug. Never touched it again.

Pablo Escobar and his story I am very familiar with. He was similar to Al Capone in that he considered himself a Robin Hood type of guy since he gave millions back to the community. A real walking contradiction that one. He would kill you in a second for wearing the wrong cologne yet give a poor family thousands of dollars on a whim.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Damn I hate coke. Tried it once and after 20 minutes it wore off. Talk about little bang for your buck. The woman I was with had a good once of the stuff so we kept hitting that shit all night long. Then at 3am when the stash was gone she looks at me with this dumb ass look on her face. I ask her what was wrong and she just mumbled, "Um, I don't have any valium or weed..." Ok, so I ask who cares. She then tells me, "You will, in about an hour when you crash harder than a motorcycle vs. truck accident." Needless to say her assessment was spot on. I have never felt that shitty before or since in my whole life, and for the whole day. Could not sleep, could not talk, my mind racing yet could not hold a thought, the shakes, feeling insanely anxious, wanting to move yet not willing to move. What a fucking horrible drug. Never touched it again.

Pablo Escobar and his story I am very familiar with. He was similar to Al Capone in that he considered himself a Robin Hood type of guy since he gave millions back to the community. A real walking contradiction that one. He would kill you in a second for wearing the wrong cologne yet give a poor family thousands of dollars on a whim.

Good and nice post.  I enjoyed reading it.  I will oppose you  on the fact that I actually enjoyed the Cocaine when I was a user for about 15 years of my life.  Not every day, of course, but I did do my fair share back when I was in my late twenties and early thirties.  Fun times and I am still around to talk about it.  

Archived