Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

irondirigible

QUESTIONS ABOUT LED ZEPPELIN BOOTLEG RECORDINGS

30 posts in this topic

Whats funny is most of us cant wait for EV to put out 3/21/75. . . It seems to me that someone looked at EV as a great business op and backed them to upgrade their product. . now all these newer shows have slip cases with pretty looking silvers and the prices have gone through the roof. . I love what they do for the live shows. . How most of you in the 70s/80s/90s bought LPs with a half or 3/4 show. . it would drive me crazy. . every time I look to buy an LP it seems most are missing songs and never in any kind of set list order. .I have most shows downloaded but I do like some of the products out there and will continue to buy. .  

14 hours ago, irondirigible said:

Consider the Mike Millard tapes, like Listen To This Eddie!  Its a great performance, as are many other bootleg recordings, but the sound quality just isn't at the level that you want for an official release.

Really? IMO the "Eddie" recordings' sound quality beats a lot of official live albums. No, there isn't the stereo separation between instruments that you'd find on a multitrack live recording but other than that the overall sound of Millard's recordings are just about on par with most official releases. 

Re: Bootlegs . Something odd going on at discogs. A bunch of titles from labels like Godfather, Eat A Peach are being deleted due to "copyright infringement" , whilst Empress Valley and other titles are not affected...yet. Wonder if another boot company (EVSD?) is flagging a bunch of other label's product. Discogs has been very accepting of unofficial live recordings, so it seems odd that all of a sudden so many titles are being yanked. Anyone else notice this? 

Edited by porgie66

46 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

Re: Bootlegs . Something odd going on at discogs. A bunch of titles from labels like Godfather, Eat A Peach are being deleted due to "copyright infringement" , whilst Empress Valley and other titles are not affected...yet. Wonder if another boot company (EVSD?) is flagging a bunch of other label's product. Discogs has been very accepting of unofficial live recordings, so it seems odd that all of a sudden so many titles are being yanked. Anyone else notice this? 

Just had a nose, looked at Blueberry Hill, some versions have been pulled others have not. It can only be a good thing because of all the rip off merchants with their outrageous prices. I paid £5 for my beige pastel sleeve TMQ red/amber vinyl(s) back in 1973. No way is BH worth any more than £25 these days. You would have to be a fool to pay the £200+ some prick is asking.

Edited by JTM

2 minutes ago, JTM said:

Just had a nose, looked at Blueberry Hill, some versions have been pulled others have not. It can only be a good thing because of all the rip off merchants with their outrageous prices. I paid £5 for my beige pastel sleeve TMQ red/amber vinyl(s) back in 1973. No way is BH worth any more than £25 these days. You would have to be a fool to pay the £200+ some prick is asking.

Well, the expensive titles aren't being yanked like premium labels EVSD and Tarantura...it's been the lower budget labels. That's what raises a flag for me that someone is ratting out lower priced alternatives.