Wofgangs Vault Zep recordings?

porgie66

This has probably been discussed here before but I couldn't find anything specific about the Zep tapes/ sources that were posted on Wofgangs Vault some years back. Were they simply the same as what's been available on boots or were they unique sources ? What I briefly heard before they were taken down sounded better to me than the common boot sources but it may have been a greener grass effect. Anyone know the skinny and what shows were posted? 

They were all previously released recordings, soundboards, and they sounded pretty much the same to me. Someone will know better details about how the recordings are related. Also, whatever happened to the Bears Sonic Journals series, the one that released the Big Brother/Janis Joplin CD? It sounded excellent but I think that ship has sailed too.

They had 4/27/69 and prior to posting that there were a couple of others already posted (can't recall at the moment which ones they were). From notes I have they posted part 1 of 4/27/69 first and posted the rest at a later date. They also had some Firm and Robert Plant at the time. I agree one of the recordings I heard before the site was taken down sounded better than the common boot source.

7 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

They had 4/27/69 and prior to posting that there were a couple of others already posted (can't recall at the moment which ones they were). From notes I have they posted part 1 of 4/27/69 first and posted the rest at a later date. They also had some Firm and Robert Plant at the time. I agree one of the recordings I heard before the site was taken down sounded better than the common boot source.

Thanks. I thought I remembered a Jan 69 Fillmore shows too. I wondered if they used tapes from Graham's archives or of they just used boots or downloaded files? I assume Fillmore shows were being recorded at times by the house and that the source of those  Zep recordings was the Fillmore. If that's the case then maybe better quality masters exist for those shows. Led Zeppelin - The Early Fillmore Shows! Come on Jimmy, do something...clean those up and set them free!!

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Wasn't Wolfgang the actual taper of those San Francisco shows? I thought that was the whole point of his site...they were tapes from his own archive?

There were shows posted from all around the world in various genres. I only assumed the shows that he actually produced were from his archive but I read someplace ( Hoffman Forums) that even some of those were possibly lossy copies of bootlegs.

16 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thanks. I thought I remembered a Jan 69 Fillmore shows too. I wondered if they used tapes from Graham's archives or of they just used boots or downloaded files? I assume Fillmore shows were being recorded at times by the house and that the source of those  Zep recordings was the Fillmore. If that's the case then maybe better quality masters exist for those shows. Led Zeppelin - The Early Fillmore Shows! Come on Jimmy, do something...clean those up and set them free!!

It was claimed a lot of material from the site came from Graham's archives. Would love to get an official release of one of the early Fillmore shows.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/led-zeppelin-vintage-live-footage-to-be-aired-on-wolfgang-s-vault/

Archived