Is there any chance whatsoever that the 9/19/70 evening show was pro recorded?

LedElvis75

I thought I remember hearing that page once said that if they were recording, it be at the end of a tour, which would apply to 9/19/70. Personally, I've got my doubts. What the consensus on what says whether a show was being multi tracked or not? It's the two mikes on the kick drum right 

9/19/70, possibly their best night

I bet you there's a very good soundboard of the early and late show. Bet you everything in my wallet, which is about $23. But when I heard the near perfect 9/28/71 soundboard, which sounded better than Orlando '71, considering the great soundboards from 1970, yes, I bet you $23 there are. Idk though. Film, definitely not. But they sure dressed in their Sunday best, and there were plenty of mics on the stage. By the end of that tour they knew they were big shit! B)

54 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

It would be the ultimate live Zeppelin release in the history of mankind, that's a fact. Both shows in soundboard quality, or multis. And that's coming from me the 1977 fan. ;)

Yep.  Everything about that night is just MONSTROUS.

Guess we should just be fortunate this near excellent audio source was unearthed...

55 minutes ago, Dirty Work said:

It would be the ultimate live Zeppelin release in the history of mankind, that's a fact. Both shows in soundboard quality, or multis. And that's coming from me the 1977 fan. ;)

YES. Just imagine for a moment an alternate universe where the evening show was released as a live album instead of TSRTS. Don't get me wrong, I love TSRTS, but imagine if this came out instead, unedited. People would have lost their freaking minds!

Archived