YOUR favorite of N.A. 1977

Bozoso73

On 6/7/2017 at 3:10 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

I echo all previous sentiments on April 28, April 30, June 10, June 11, June 22, June 26 etc.  I'll add:

May 22 - Ft. Worth

June 13 - New York -- I've heard some people call this overrated, which is just beyond me.  I think it's a near-spotless performance, apart from Bonham coming in early in Stairway, and I would definitely rank it in the top 5 of the tour.  Recording is about a 6/10, but is well worth the effort.

April 10 in Chicago sounds like it was probably a gem, but I hardly ever listen to it because of the poor recording.

Couldn't agree more about June 13th man, No Quarter is amazing... Especially Jimmy's solo. Might chuck it on right now in fact! By the way, have you checked out the source called 'Over the Garden'? Best source of that show I've heard.

12 hours ago, tom kid said:

Couldn't agree more about June 13th man, No Quarter is amazing... Especially Jimmy's solo. Might chuck it on right now in fact! By the way, have you checked out the source called 'Over the Garden'? Best source of that show I've heard.

Mhm, it's a great version!  And it has my favourite "Noise Solo" as well--excellent theremin section.  Yeah, Over The Garden is the title I have.

^^^

I can't remember if it's a 1st gen or 2nd gen tape but there's a superior source recording that circulates for June 13- it doesn't have all those annoying tape glitches the Over The Garden boot has. Of course, there's also an alternate source that circulates but it is incomplete.

30 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

^^^

I can't remember if it's a 1st gen or 2nd gen tape but there's a superior source recording that circulates for June 13- it doesn't have all those annoying tape glitches the Over The Garden boot has. Of course, there's also an alternate source that circulates but it is incomplete.

I have a first gen source that is clean sounding and doesn't have the glitches . This one ....

6/13/77 NY Lineage: Master(Sony TC120 cassette)>1st gen cassette>cdr>cdr(x)>eac(secure mode/read offsets corrected)>wav>flac(level 7)

Jimmy's solo on No Quarter is really smokin, and I'm not a big fan of 77 NQ's 

On 6/22/2017 at 11:47 PM, porgie66 said:

I have a first gen source that is clean sounding and doesn't have the glitches . This one ....

6/13/77 NY Lineage: Master(Sony TC120 cassette)>1st gen cassette>cdr>cdr(x)>eac(secure mode/read offsets corrected)>wav>flac(level 7)

Yeah, that's the one!

On 6/23/2017 at 1:47 AM, porgie66 said:

How would one go about finding that? :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strange request. I know from the patch used to fill in the gap in "Ten Years Gone" that there is an alternate source for 6.21.77 Does anyone know how complete the tape is and could someone shoot me an audio link if possible?

I have a desire to hear the 6.21.77 show from a different perspective than Mike Millard's great seats in front of the stage. I am curious if the aura of the show remains the same if listened to an inferior recording.

22 hours ago, Strider said:

I have a strange request. I know from the patch used to fill in the gap in "Ten Years Gone" that there is an alternate source for 6.21.77 Does anyone know how complete the tape is and could someone shoot me an audio link if possible?

I have a desire to hear the 6.21.77 show from a different perspective than Mike Millard's great seats in front of the stage. I am curious if the aura of the show remains the same if listened to an inferior recording.

IMO that alt source for June 21 used to patch "Ten Years Gone" sounds terrible- distant and tinny. I think listening to the entire show from that recording would drive me batty by the end :lol: 

As far as I know that source does not circulate at all, although obviously some people got their hands on it to do that patch...

3 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

IMO that alt source for June 21 used to patch "Ten Years Gone" sounds terrible- distant and tinny. I think listening to the entire show from that recording would drive me batty by the end :lol: 

As far as I know that source does not circulate at all, although obviously some people got their hands on it to do that patch...

You seriously underestimate the abuse my ears are able to handle, hehe. It doesn't sound any worse than the audience tape for June 8, '77 MSG and I can listen to that with no problem.

21 hours ago, Strider said:

You seriously underestimate the abuse my ears are able to handle, hehe. It doesn't sound any worse than the audience tape for June 8, '77 MSG and I can listen to that with no problem.

Ah, but can you listen to Atlanta '77, or the Chicago April 10 show? Now those recordings take some serious fuckin' "bootleg ears" to get through :lol: 

Am I the only one who thinks that Achilles' Last Stand from San Diego 77 is actually really good? Bonzo's slower drumming allows the song to breathe and gives Jimmy the chance to do some nifty wa-wa effects and elaborate playing. I admit Bonzo almost falls apart about twice but overall I like it even more than the "breakneck speed" Los Angeles versions.

^^^You've got a point, Sue. 

Considering how monumental Jimmy's solos in "Over the Hills and Far Away" were in 1977, it is a shame they waited until halfway thru the New York stand to add the song to the setlist. Poor Cleveland, Chicago, Cincy, Pontiac, and Landover were deprived of one of the highlights of the 1977 tour. When Jimmy went spacewalking with that deep red tricked-up Les Paul, you never wanted it to end. The LA Forum ones kicked ass. So did this Madison Square Garden one. Top 5 all-time for sure, along with 6.22, 6.26, 6.27, and 6.23.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, Strider said:

I'm with you Strider... I've always wanted to hear this entire 2nd (patch) source.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^You've got a point, Sue. 

Considering how monumental Jimmy's solos in "Over the Hills and Far Away" were in 1977, it is a shame they waited until halfway thru the New York stand to add the song to the setlist. Poor Cleveland, Chicago, Cincy, Pontiac, and Landover were deprived of one of the highlights of the 1977 tour. When Jimmy went spacewalking with that deep red tricked-up Les Paul, you never wanted it to end. The LA Forum ones kicked ass. So did this Madison Square Garden one. Top 5 all-time for sure, along with 6.22, 6.26, 6.27, and 6.23.

Great version indeed. Too bad that obnoxious tart will not shut the fuck up. Now there is someone who needed a Lude.

Archived