Bootlegs with the guitar on only one channel

Hi, I was wondering whether exist bootlegs (from any year) where the guitar is only at one channel. I was spinning Live At Leeds the other day and it astounded me how good the separation is. On one channel you have the band without Pete and on the other the whole band minus some backing vocals (if I recall correctly). I ask this because it is great for going "full-geek" on the various details the rest of the band played without Jimmy's lead "getting in the way" lol. The official live releases sadly don't have this (unless I bought the wrong edition, which is unlikely), but what about bootlegs?

It's not EXACTLY what you're asking for, but the Boston Tea Party show on January 26th, 1969 has Page WAY out in front in the recording, with the rest of the band (especially Plant and Bonham) far in the background. It's a bit distorted but still listenable, especially if you can tolerate the unbalanced nature of the recording. It also helps that the band, especially Page, is on fire throughout. Check it out if you haven't!

9 hours ago, jimtriantafyllou97@gmail.c said:

Unless I'm having the wrong copies, no bootleg of which you suggested has the guitar on only one channel (although Southampton and especially BBC come close), unfortunately :(

I think the latest stereo release of Hampton 71 from Empress Valley has the guitar and bass in separate channels. Sonic Boom. I can check and get back to you, unless someone else knows for sure asap. I thought maybe one of the 69 soundboards too, like Fillmore, Winterland or Denmark. Obviously , we are talking only about a board or multi track, right. An audience source wouldn't have guitar exclusively in one channel? 

8 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I think the latest stereo release of Hampton 71 from Empress Valley has the guitar and bass in separate channels. Sonic Boom. I can check and get back to you, unless someone else knows for sure asap. I thought maybe one of the 69 soundboards too, like Fillmore, Winterland or Denmark. Obviously , we are talking only about a board or multi track, right. An audience source wouldn't have guitar exclusively in one channel? 

It would be great if you could check, if it would be easy of course ;) Yes, boards or multitracks since with an audience it will be more difficult, I fear

Hampton '71 (Version from Sonic Boom) is bass in one channel and everything else in the other. I personally thought there were no live recordings with Jimmy/guitar in one channel, but checked my versions of 4/1/71 and it is correct (some bootleg versions), guitar is in one channel and everything else in the other, but Plant's voice is in the middle. Never heard a version of Southampton '73 with guitar in one channel but I think theres a stereo version out there... I don't have it though. All my versions are with the channels already mixed and remastered etc.

Your best bet is to hunt down the Led Zeppelin II multi tracks boot. That has multiple isolated guitar tracks. Hearing Ramble On's and What Is And What Should Never Be's isolated tracks never fails to bring me chills, Heartbreaker and Whole Lotta Love are pretty epic too.

2 hours ago, jimtriantafyllou97@gmail.c said:

It would be great if you could check, if it would be easy of course ;) Yes, boards or multitracks since with an audience it will be more difficult, I fear

I checked and Sonic Boom ( Hampton 71)  stereo version has guitar exclusively  in the right, bass in the left.  Pb ( Vancouver '70) is very heavy with guitar in one channel and very little in the other.  If you're interested in either of those I can hook you up.

The other boards I referred to are not exclusively guitar in one channel only.   Texas Pop 8/31/69 is not guitar exclusively in any channel on the versions I have.   I think you'd have to listen to a lot of  board tape versions to check for sure and some releases pan the stereo differently but I can't think of any with extreme separation. Maybe there is a different mix out there for Texas Pop but I don't hear an isolated guitar channel. 

56 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

I checked and Sonic Boom ( Hampton 71)  stereo version has guitar exclusively  in the right, bass in the left.  Pb ( Vancouver '70) is very heavy with guitar in one channel and very little in the other.  If you're interested in either of those I can hook you up.

The other boards I referred to are not exclusively guitar in one channel only.   Texas Pop 8/31/69 is not guitar exclusively in any channel on the versions I have.   I think you'd have to listen to a lot of  board tape versions to check for sure and some releases pan the stereo differently but I can't think of any with extreme separation. Maybe there is a different mix out there for Texas Pop but I don't hear an isolated guitar channel. 

That would be great, man, I am interested 100% (let's do this through PM, I guess). I'll definitely get down to bootleg hunting myself to find what I'm looking for and If I do, I'll post it here for anyone interested :)

Archived