Favorite opening song?

ZepHead315

17 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

I have always thought that TSRTS was a great way for the band to come in, sonically grab the fans like saying "strap your ass in cause we goin for a helluva ride!!" In 73-75 it had its place with TRS but wow what an opener:):) Someone posted CP would have been a good start for the 75 shows and I agree. . Its an amazing opener for PG so why not for the shows? When in the mood for a 75 boot, Ill usually go right to SA and skip RAR:) 73 for me it depends on Percy hittin right or not. . 

I've read opinions that say that TSRTS should not have been the opener as the band really needed to be warmed up to play that complex song. I love the song but they did struggle a number of times with it coming in cold so to speak.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-06-24 at 6:12 PM, blooze said:

Agree on Tokyo 71. Powerful indeed!

Always thought Houses of the Holy would have been a better opener for the 75 tour than Rock and Roll. Kinda disappointing considering that they had already used it to open the later 72 and 73 shows

Good call!  Houses Of The Holy would've been a great opener in '75!  I'm always disappointed that they never played it :(

Archived