Presence album cover

I was always interested in the cover art of Presence, especially wondering who the various people are. I understand they are stock photos with the 'object' cut into it. But does anybody know WHO the people are in the photos. I would think it would be so cool to be able to go around and say "Hey, check it out...thats me!" when showing people the album. On another thread someone did amazing detective work on the art for Zep IV,  and I read about the 2 children identified on Houses of the Holy, has anyone looked into Presence?

I always loved the Presence album cover art, but when the album was first release, everyone who saw it pretty much had the same reaction:

"Um...is this a Pink Floyd album or a Zeppelin album. It looks so much like the Wish You Were Here album art."

Once everyone found out it was the same artistic team which did both covers it made sense, however it is strange Zeppelin approved of a cover so similar in design concept to Floyd's released a few months prior.

My first reaction when "Presence" came out was "2001: A Space Odysey". The Object so reminded me of the Monolith.

And once you spun the wax, any chance of thinking of Pink Floyd went out the window immediately. "Achilles Last Stand" was far too energetic and fast to be Pink Floyd, who had settled into their mid-tempo plod period.

Edited by Strider

14 hours ago, Box of Jimmy's said:

I believe the little girl on the right is saying:  "where's my fucking ice cream?"

I think she's saying "I'm not eating that shit"....

Now I am doing this from memory (and I have drank wine since I first read about this) but I recall a story in my local paper from about 20 years ago that the boy on the cover of Presence was from my local town - Leicester in the UK. He subsequently joined the military and was then seriously hurt in a squaddie prank when someone set his clothes on fire.

I am certain I read this but cannot find any evidence on the net that this story ever occurred.

Has anyone else heard this story?

Edited by LARD
Typo

"Why is there no kids menu...all i wanted was a cheeseburger and french fries. I know its a special occasion and a scenic restaurant...but there is gonna be a temper tantrum in about five fucking minutes, if i don't get a cheeseburger." 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, Dallas Knebs said:

its an ad agency work up mounted on the wall of Earl's Court for the 1974 Boat Show. They are models.  Sorry if that bursts the bubble...

Thanks for the replies. No bubble here to burst. I assumed they are models, but where are they today? The kids in particular should be middle aged now. Are they around? Do they go around bragging to their buddies about being on an album that sold millions? Lard, interesting story. Anybody hear anything about he lady or the girl?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...