LZ in Chicago 1969

camerabait

LZ in Chicago, Kinetic Playground. II-1969.  MY original negatives just scanned.  Never before made public.  I don't remember anything about the concert!  But images show an amazing intimacy not common today.  Kinetic was a major venue with a state of the art computer surround light show.  Now on ebay.  You can contact me direct:  experienced60626@yahoo.com.

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 drummer (3)c).jpg

Led Zepplin@Kenetic-Chicago-1969 (4cc).jpg

1 hour ago, camerabait said:

LZ in Chicago, Kinetic Playground. II-1969.  MY original negatives just scanned.  Never before made public.  I don't remember anything about the concert!  But images show an amazing intimacy not common today.  Kinetic was a major venue with a state of the art computer surround light show.  Now on ebay.  You can contact me direct:  experienced60626@yahoo.com.

Thanks for sharing these, from a fellow Chicagoan. Wish I had been old enough to see them there, and hear Bonzo basically acoustically as well as amplified. Rare air. 

Fantastic photos. I won't even try not to envy you for being there! Oh for a time machine!

Incidentally, there's a bloke who looks like Hendrix in the front of the first pic. Now who says him & Page never met? ;) 

Great shots, I was unfortunately too young to go to the Kinetic Playground, & of course it is long gone. There are still some smaller venues around the Chicagoland area, IMHO the best place to see any show. I'm not going to even mention what the ticket price was for this show, as it was ridic cheap.

8 hours ago, 76229 said:

Apparently even in his Way of Life days he liked to stand on the drum seat and get his shirt off!

Far out. It looks like he's stepping down on the snare while hitting it.  Hopefully that old Atlas stand never gave way...that'd be a Spinal Tap moment. 

• 4 years later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, camerabait said:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, I was in the crowd for the Zeppelin/Santana show in October 1969. Santana had not yet put out an album so no one knew them. We were after Zeppelin but when Santana played we would not let them leave the stage. Imagine what Zeppelin had to follow up with after that opening. It would be fun if you had some crowd photos and I found myself. I am 6' 6" so I would have stuck out. At some point I had some girl on my shoulders.Take care, Mark

• 4 weeks later...