Physical Graffiti Super Deluxe Box Set

mhughes540

Hey All, wanted to pick your brain for a minute. I ordered a Physical Graffiti Super Deluxe box set on EBay. The listing said "new, unopened." When it arrived I immediately noticed that the shrink wrap did not have the hype sticker. All of the contents are there and everything was sealed inside.  Two odd things to me were that the lithograph has no numbering and the code for the digital download says that it is "invalid." I intact the seller and this was his response:

"Hi Matt,
If you are not happy for any reason please return it for a full refund.
That item is in the original shrink wrap. It does not have a sticker because it was a first press Promo sent out to press and industry insiders.
Neither the Seller nor I have any idea why the download card is not valid but it may not have ever been activated because this was collated as a non-commercial copy. It also may have expired. I'm only guessing and will try to check it out further.
Please send me the download code so I can find out when the download was used or if it was ever activated. This happened once before and I was able to determine when and by whom it had been used.
Kent"

What do you make of that? Is there any legitimacy to it being a "first press promo?" Thanks in advance for any help!

• Administrators

"First press promo" pressing for the Super Deluxe Box Sets...   No such thing, as far as I'm aware.

The numbered lithographs were limited edition, so there are some that are unnumbered.

I occasionally hear from fans with download code issues. Contact: redemptions@wmgecom.com  at Warner Music and they can assist you.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I still see numbered print editions still in shrinkwrap at the local shops so some regions of the world got gypped.

I bought my numbered LZ s/t box about eighteen months after it was released. I wasn't going to buy any of them originally but Liverpool HMV had all the numbered sets for a long time after release. I grabbed one just because it was there, I didn't really want it tbh and if it hadn't been a numbered set it would have stayed on the shelf but the cash was burning a hole in my pocket. 

22 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

What is the serial number given?

this way I can find out if it is a fake you've received 

Fakes, what fakes ?..

5 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Fake releases from Russia are common

Common really, I very much doubt that. They struggled to sell the 30 000 numbered limited editions WORLDWIDE, so where is the market for fake big boxes.

9 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

True. The lithograph provided should of been numbered though 

Well my LZ I is numbered, so I'm alright, luckily.

Archived