"I talked to Lynne yesterday and she said they're turning to prayer."

eternal light

And the only one who could ever reach me was the son of a preacher man

7:12 AM CST, December 24, 2007

What's Dr. Phil's diagnosis of Lynne Spears?

While many have been questioning her parenting skills in light of her 16-year-old daughter Jamie Lynn Spears' pregnancy -- and the oft-publicized antics of big sister Britney Spears, the tough-talking TV host has a second opinion: Her kids are lucky to have her.

"An asset that Britney and Jamie Lynn both have is a great and dedicated mother," Dr. Phil McGraw told People.com in an interview Saturday.

Speaking of a woman McGraw and his wife, Robin, consider a friend, he admitted that Spears is "troubled right now" but is "really looking for the positives in this."

Lynne Spears has "her feet squarely and solidly on the ground," he's quoted as saying.

Adds Robin McGraw: "They're a very strong, close-knit family. They're relying on each other."

And someone else too.

"I talked to Lynne yesterday and she said they're turning to prayer ... that's how they're going to get through it."

Jesus won't make Jamie Lynn suddenly un-pregnant and he won't suddenly make Britney a good mother and sober.

Maybe if Lynne wasn't one of those showbiz moms and she actually gave a shit, her kids wouldn't be as screwed up as they are. That's on her, not the Lord. They can pray all they want, and if it makes them feel better then do it, but at the end of the day, that family needs to fix itself.

Halle Berry & Boyfriend Turn To Dr. Phil

Halle Berry has TV therapist Dr. Phil MacGraw to thank for her perfect pregnancy - his family-friendly book has helped the star and her model boyfriend come to terms with parenthood. Berry's beau Gabriel Aubry reveals Dr. Phil's book "Family First" has proved invaluable.

He says, "(It's a) great book. I recommend it."

Aubry admits he has become a pregnancy scholar as he plans to become a first-time father: "I've been in preparation mode for five months... I've read a lot of books."

And one lesson he's learned is something he'd like to pass on to other fathers-to-be: "Don't say she's fat."

www.starpulse.com

Hallelujah

I was on Dr. Phil once.

Really.

I was in the audience and got a 'reaction shot' 3 seconds of face time. But the important thing you need know is that the studio temperature is kept at a crisp 11 below zero.

oh, and

"To alcohol religion! The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems."

JACKSON, Miss. — He's a 19-year-old pipe layer; a deer-hunting, dirt-bike-riding former high school class president who still lives in his tiny Mississippi hometown. So why are the paparazzi hot on his trail?

Because Casey Aldridge is an expectant father — and the mother is 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears.

And to hear Aldridge's uncle tell it, the daddy-to-be isn't quite ready to join Spears — the star of "Zoey 101" and the sister of pop star Britney Spears — in the spotlight.

"I don't think they are ready yet to sit down and talk to the media," Odus Jackson, a pastor in Gloster, Miss., told The Associated Press by telephone Thursday. "They haven't gotten their heads together yet."

www.foxnews.com

And the only one that could ever reach me was the son of a preacher man, hallelujah.

TMZ spoke with retired Baptist preacher Odus Jackson, who is Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy's uncle by marriage. (You still with us?)

Uncle Odus tells us that Casey is a "fine young man" who has always been courteous. That sentiment is apparently shared by many in his small town of Gloster, Miss., where we've been told over and over again Casey is a good kid from a good family.

As for Jamie Lynn, Uncle Odus says he has only met her once, on Thanksgiving of this year. As for news of her pregnancy, he says he found out, like the rest of us, on Tuesday night. He tells us the family was "shocked' and yet "we aren't." As a pastor, Uncle Odus says he's seen "this type of thing" more often than he'd like.

tmz.com/category/britney-spears/

And the only one who could ever reach me was the sweet talking son of a preacher man

Although they are about to become parents, Jamie Lynn Spears and her boyfriend Casey Aldridge have no plans to wed – yet.

"They may or may not [get married]," says Aldridge's uncle, Odus Jackson, in an interview outside Aldridge’s house in Mississippi. "You just never know."

Jackson, who is a pastor at Galilee First Baptist Church in Gloster, Miss., says that while he is hopeful the young couple will remain in a committed relationship, he is also realistic.

"I hope they will stick it out and get married for the child's sake and their sake," he says. "But if they're not in love and it was just a fantasy, they don't need to make the same mistake twice."

Speaking about his teenage nephew, who was raised in rural Gloster and attended high school in nearby Liberty, Miss., Jackson says, "He was a typical country boy growing up. He's never given the family a whole lot of problems – no more than most teenagers."

www.people.com

I was on Dr. Phil once.

Really.

I was in the audience and got a 'reaction shot' 3 seconds of face time. But the important thing you need know is that the studio temperature is kept at a crisp 11 below zero.

Did you have the long hair when you were on the show? If so, they put you on to appeal to the key young adult male rocker demographic that Phil has had (for some unknown reason) a hard time reeling in.

You've been used.

I'm surprised you haven't been pasted on billboards all across the highways of America:

"Big Klu supports Dr. Phil,

and you should too!"

Whats with all the Son Of A Preacher Man stuff?

Good song but Dusty Springfield is NO Bobbie Gentry.

Bobbie Gentry was great!

reminds me a little bit of Bobbie Gentry, but Bobbie Gentry was very fine, and she set the standard for the song. My favorite renditions of this song are Bobbie Gentry's and Tina Turner's.

True, Casey Aldridge is a nephew and not a son, but his uncle is a real Baptist preacher even if he is retired. Jamie Lynne Spears came pretty darn close in her choice there, and she looks really happy.

Did you have the long hair when you were on the show? If so, they put you on to appeal to the key young adult male rocker demographic that Phil has had (for some unknown reason) a hard time reeling in.

You've been used.

I'm surprised you haven't been pasted on billboards all across the highways of America:

"Big Klu supports Dr. Phil,

and you should too!"

Yeah, I was doing my best Johnny Depp. I was there for an English 1C fieldtrip. Only men there were husbands dragged there by their wives and us guys from the class. The show was about teen girls who bully teen girls. I can only assume I was used as 'the random hot guy who emphasizes with the victim'.

Yep.

Hi all,

Jamie Lynne Spears appears to have found someone who is polite and courteous. There is a shortage of polite and courteous young men in the world it seems. I think she made a good choice there.

Who do you mean?The boy who raped her,but what's to marry her,but can not be found?

The mother who sold her own kids for money?Mmm,..what do call that?

Or Britney? Who the court doesn't even want to give custody to the birth mother and would rather do what she does then take care of her own children?

I'll do this for you,.... :):):)

KB :burp:

You may say what you will but she chose the polite and courteous nephew of a retired

She could have done a lot worse.

TMZ spoke with retired Baptist preacher Odus Jackson, who is Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy's uncle by marriage. (You still with us?)

Uncle Odus tells us that Casey is a "fine young man" who has always been courteous. That sentiment is apparently shared by many in his small town of Gloster, Miss., where we've been told over and over again Casey is a good kid from a good family.

As for Jamie Lynn, Uncle Odus says he has only met her once, on Thanksgiving of this year. As for news of her pregnancy, he says he found out, like the rest of us, on Tuesday night. He tells us the family was "shocked' and yet "we aren't." As a pastor, Uncle Odus says he's seen "this type of thing" more often than he'd like.

tmz.com/category/britney-spears/

Hi all,

Who do you mean?The boy who raped her,but what's to marry her,but can not be found?

The mother who sold her own kids for money?Mmm,..what do call that?

Or Britney? Who the court doesn't even want to give custody to the birth mother and would rather do what she does then take care of her own children?

I'll do this for you,.... :):):)

KB :burp:

It wasn't rape. He was 18 at the time, which means it's not a crime. Let's not start throwing those words around willy-nilly.

Archived