Dazed 'n' Confused -- Who messed up?

theres also a little moment onvideo when Jimmy is playing the ringing notes during the intro, plant starts early, jimmy looks over surprised! that was the beginning of the end ;)

it was a longer intro during the rehearsal footage

Yea, Jimmy makes a face like 'WTF'! :huh::lol: Still it was a pretty killer version before the trainwreck. Bow solo coulda been a bit longer IMO.

Yea, Jimmy makes a face like 'WTF'! :huh::lol: Still it was a pretty killer version before the trainwreck. Bow solo coulda been a bit longer IMO.

I love how you call this a train wreck, I mean c'mon, they fell out for what, a couple of measures, then found their way back. Big deal. You want perfection go to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert...I will set your alarm to wake you when the show ends EXACTLY 90 min later.

here we go with one of these responses again.....................

...and another!

i think you are missing the point of what i meant.

It literally irks me when someone posts the cliche'd "if you want a perfect album version then dont go to live shows and just stick to the album" response as if they are the end all to knowledge on live music. They just heard someone say that once and decided it sounded like it made sense, so its a response that just gets thrown around haphazardly. And while its a recommendation I no doubt agree with, it gets used all too often in the WRONG context. People just think it makes them sound intelligent- when in reality they probably dont know the first thing about playing rock and roll music live.

That type of response is out of line in this thread because we are simply discussing the specifics of what happened on a mess up during a crucial point of Dazed at the o2. Everybody here is more than familiar with live music --- especially the way Zep crafts their live delivery of album songs that are literally re-worked in real time on stage. We get that so thanks. We are just simply discussing what musically went wrong and resluted in the mess up.

So people should save their incredibly idiotic and irrelevant responses for othe boards where it works, because we are not buying it.

Sorry for this rant and I know it makes me sound like a lunatic, but I needed to get this off my chest.

:goodpost:

and although I'm not the only one who referred to it as a trainwreck (see kenticus' post above^) maybe that's a little strong, but, I mean, c'mon, it was pretty bad.

Archived