At the O2 concert, Jimmy should play his...

Flipkid

The Les Paul has a diferent sound from the other guitars. I guess it's due to the pickups, but also because the body of the guitar is heavier. Les Paul is a good option because of its peculiar sound, however, whatever Jimmy chooses to play will sound awsome, I'm sure about it! :P

It's going to be Les Pauls most of the way, surely?

On a vaguely related not, did anyone hear how weak Cream sounded at their reunion gig? Eric Clapton should have stayed with Gibson....:D

I was at the opening night of the London gigs and they sounded incredible.

From the new issue of Guitar World:

GW:
Are you using your original gear?

PAGE:
I'm using some of the original guitars like my number-one Les Paul and the Doubleneck. I've got a Les Paul Custom that I'm pleased with. I haven't settled on what amps I'm using yet, but I'll be using the pedal board that I used on all the Plant/Page projects.

The Les Paul Custom is featured in a sidebar article. It's a replica of the 1960 Custom that got stolen. You can see the original one in the Albert Hall concert. The major difference is it has a custom toggle switch that allows for extra pickup configurations. It's got a Bigsby too. Sweet!

GW:

PAGE:
I'm using some of the original guitars like my number-one Les Paul and the Doubleneck. I've got a Les Paul Custom that I'm pleased with. I haven't settled on what amps I'm using yet, but I'll be using the pedal board that I used on all the Plant/Page projects.

The Les Paul Custom is featured in a sidebar article. It's a replica of the 1960 Custom that got stolen. You can see the original one in the Albert Hall concert. The major difference is it has a custom toggle switch that allows for extra pickup configurations. It's got a Bigsby too. Sweet!

That's the guitar he's using for For Your Life. Can't wait to hear that song.

GW:

PAGE:

I love that Les Paul with a Bigsby! Seeing him play that on the 2003 DVD inspired me to put a Bigsby on my SG. I'm glad he replaced it.

If I had to choose one guitar to see him play, it would be that Les Paul, but I'd really like to see him play a variety of different ones, including the double neck and the Danelectro. There are certain songs that require the Danelectro sound.

Archived