Zeppelin in Pop culture

Pb Derigable

You know what i mean, it the things that makes you smile. Like when Oto from the Simpson's crashes his bus and flies off a cliff, he yells out "Zeppelin Rules" My personal favorite is in the movie Dazed and Confused ( the movie title itself could be an example) I don't have the exact quote, but it talks about bonzo doing a 40 min. drum solo. (if any body know the real quote, please post). What are other examples that Zep Heads like.

You know what i mean, it the things that makes you smile. Like when Oto from the Simpson's crashes his bus and flies off a cliff, he yells out "Zeppelin Rules" My personal favorite is in the movie Dazed and Confused ( the movie title itself could be an example) I don't have the exact quote, but it talks about bonzo doing a 40 min. drum solo. (if any body know the real quote, please post). What are other examples that Zep Heads like.

I liked it when Germaine Greer interviewed them.

It's probably not what your looking for but it at least made us antipodeans look cool.

I remember my brother telling me about a simpsons episode where Homer talks about a stairway to heaven that Jesus taught about. And then an angry Flanders corrects him by saying that wasn't Jesus, stupid, that was Led Zeppelin. Anyone know which episode it was? Or am I totally making it up from a crazy dream...

I remember my brother telling me about a simpsons episode where Homer talks about a stairway to heaven that Jesus taught about. And then an angry Flanders corrects him by saying that wasn't Jesus, stupid, that was Led Zeppelin. Anyone know which episode it was? Or am I totally making it up from a crazy dream...

Yes, I remember that. I couldn't say what episode, but I can confirm you didn't dream it, anyway, hah.

Another Simpsons one: When Marge is babysitting for Rod & Todd while Flanders is away, and one of the kids hurts himself, and Ned comes back and says something to the effect of, "I hate to be a Ned Zeppelin, but is one of my boys Brazed & Contused?".

In the 5th season of That '70s Show, all of the show titles are Zeppelin songs.

Well in film...

* There's the recent (Jack Black with Immigrant Song in "School of Rock")

* There's the classic ("Whenever possible...put on side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV" advice from Damone to Rat in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High," then cut to Rat in his car with "Kashmir" playing. One of those subtly hysterical things in a Crowe movie specifically targeted at us fellow Zeppelin geeks).

* There's the legendary (pretty much the entire movie "Almost Famous").

Also, there's everything Chuck Klosterman writes.

Bad News (comic strip presents)

"I could play "Stairway to Heaven" when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot." (Vim)

Yesterday, while flipping channels , I caught the parents on Home Improvement talking about Zeppelin. Seems the mom smoked a doob laced with "something" at a show, got whacked out of her gourd and ended up in jail.

I kid you not.

On SCTV (the Canadian sketch comedy show with Martin Short, Eugene Levy, John Candy, Rick Moranis) there was a joke commercial for "Stairways To Heaven", a K-Tel collection of 30 renditions of Stairway To Heaven by various artists...

Stairways To Heaven

Wow, this sketch is priceless!!! Funny thing is, the add says there's a version by Dolly Parton....who ended-up covering it for real a few years ago.

Bad News (comic strip presents)

"I could play "Stairway to Heaven" when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot." (Vim)

lol that is priceless

few more The Part in Wayne World where he start's to play something and the clerk points to the sign that says "No Stairway To Heaven"

When Will Farrel was acting like President George W. Bush during the benefit for NYC Firefighters, he says "since my approval rating is 110% i could do anything i want" and starts singing STH i still have more but ill wait

Archived