Ron Wood: founding member of Led Zeppelin?

hecube

Friggin' Woody. :rolleyes:

And thank God he did NOT start with the Stones in 1969. That would have amounted to more years of mediocrity instead of the awesome 5 year stretch between 1969 and 1974.

OR- it would established Keith as the undisputed lead guitarist of the band, instead of giving him an out. :lol:

i got this for christmas!

haven't read it yet, busy on claptons effort.

but i had a sneak peak at the bit about the jeff beck group (love them)

chuckled a bit when i read the part about led zeppelin.

if anything it would be as a second or "rhythm" guitarist for the band. jimmy page contemplated his old session friend Big Jim Sullivan, and if he had gotten steve marriot, marriot would have played guitar as well as singing.

also interesting to note, led zeppelin thaught of theiving Nicky Hopkins from the JBG as well.

I read that Ron Wood book over the holiday week. I'm sure he's not lying it's that his head is so scrambled he remembers it that way. That book is filled with inaccuracies... ABOUT HIS OWN LIFE :D ! He should have made it a childrens' pop-up book, it would have been more coherant.

Wood certainly was never asked to join before Page, as we all know, Page with the help of Peter Grant, put together the band.

Although, at one stage, there was talk of starting a band with Page, Keith Moon, John Entwhistle and others....maybe this is what Wood is referring to? Anyway, if it happened it would have been a disaster, another supergroup hyped up and imploding.

My questions for Ronnie Wood:

How do you join a band Jimmy Page formed before Page himself?

Is there anyone who hasn't slept with Pattie Boyd?

I thought the same thing. About Page, I don't know much about Pattie Boyd.

I thought the same thing. About Page, I don't know much about Pattie Boyd.

Jimmy ran off with Ronnie's wife Krissy in September 1974 while Ronnie was asleep at his home in Richmond. This was not in the book. Now, for all those dimestore dipshits out there saying I never site the source: I am the source.

How kind of Jimmy. Wait, wasn't Jimmy seeing Lori then too?

On Monday, May 13th 1974 Led Zeppelin attended the West Coast launch of their Swan Song label at the Bel Air Hotel in Los Angeles. They went to The Rainbow on Sunset Strip to party afterward, and it was there Bebe Buell, the beautiful Playboy centerfold (and later in life the mother of Liv Tyler with Stephen Tyler), gave Jimmy grief over his treatment of Lori, who arrived at the Continental Hyatt House early the next morning and found him in bed with Bebe.

Jimmy did not take Lori to England as he was returning home to long-time companion Charlotte Martin (Scarlet's Mum) and he did not return to California until January 26th 1975, but that's another story altogether.

On Monday, May 13th 1974 Led Zeppelin attended the West Coast launch of their Swan Song label at the Bel Air Hotel in Los Angeles. They went to The Rainbow on Sunset Strip to party afterward, and it was there Bebe Buell, the beautiful Playboy centerfold (and later in life the mother of Liv Tyler with Stephen Tyler), gave Jimmy grief over his treatment of Lori, who arrived at the Continental Hyatt House early the next morning and found him in bed with Bebe.

Jimmy did not take Lori to England as he was returning home to long-time companion Charlotte Martin (Scarlet's Mum) and he did not return to California until January 26th 1975, but that's another story altogether.

I found out more from MSG, and I think it's terrible what Jimmy did to Lori.

Well, I'm sorry I mislead you about the date, lzfan715. I told you it was June. Steve not only has the correct month, he has pinpointed the exact date.

Steve, thanks for mentioning the bit about England. I told someone about that a month or so ago so it's good to have what I shared confirmed. I like the fact that through our multiple sources (including memories) we can put together a more accurate history of what transpired back then.

For additional information about Jimmy's activities in the fall of '74, I can refer readers back to another one of your threads:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...d+company\

Although, at one stage, there was talk of starting a band with Page, Keith Moon, John Entwhistle and others....maybe this is what Wood is referring to? Anyway, if it happened it would have been a disaster, another supergroup hyped up and imploding.

Most likey as the idea for that band came from the sessions for Beck's Bolero and Wood ended up in the Jeff Beck Group.

Well, I'm sorry I mislead you about the date, lzfan715. I told you it was June. Steve not only has the correct month, he has pinpointed the exact date.

Don't worry about it. I probably wouldn't even have noticed.

I picked up this thick pile of paper binded together at Barnes and Noble and randomly opened a page, closed my eyes, put my finger on the page, opened my eyes and started to read about Woody doing drugs. I followed the above procedure to another page and to my utter amazement, more drug intake. In short, drugs made him think that he founded Led Zeppelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 years later...

Archived