What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Live in the NYC Metro area. Snow is increasing in intensity and have about 6" on the ground so far. The worst of it, they say will be around 8 pm to 2 am. Snowfall rates of 2-3 inches per hour are expected and the winds will pickup quite a bit. Will probably have winds sustained around 30 and gusts about 50 mph. It's a pretty heavy snow and it's starting to accumulate on the trees. That's what worries me. Well perhaps, the winds will blow it off. Don't want power outtages either. That especially sucks in the winter.

Before my power goes out for good, wanted to wish everyone in Nemo's path well (planted, Anjin-san, SuperDave, The Chase, and anyone I've missed).

Ah, it has a name! Nemo. And it is apparently looking for us here too! Oh well, I haven't had to use my snow blower for over a month, we are due I suppose.

All the best to everyone in it's path.

Before my power goes out for good, wanted to wish everyone in Nemo's path well (planted, Anjin-san, SuperDave, The Chase, and

anyone I've missed).

Thanks, right back atcha!

+1 ...Thanks and be careful.

So far so good.

Edited by the chase

Thanks for the well wishes Jb126. Moderate snow around here and winds around 20 or so, but not too bad. That will change. Watching NECN (NE Cable News and there are wind gusts well over 60 mph off the East Coast of Mass. Heavy snow too. The worst of it will be in the east. Pray for all affected here!!!

Snow getting more intense here. Probably around 8" or so. It's coming down sideways now with the wind. Much worse to the east in Rhode Island and Mass with 60+ mph gusts. More than 310K w/o power in RI, MA and CT. Most in RI and MA. Some snow totals in CT over 19" so far. Not done yet. Just had a wind gust of 76 mph at Boston's Logan Airport. Wow! Lot of snow here, but much worse east and north of here. Will try to keep you updated! I'm near NYC and wind gusts up to about 30 so far. Much worse elsewhere!

Edited by SuperDave

Winds are really picking up here and the snow is falling in every direction! Up, down, sideways!

I decided to make a pot of coffee before we lose power and to run the dishwasher...

Clean dishes and cold coffee is better than nothing!

The storm we had yesterday (the combo of two low systems) has now moved on to New England to top up the Noreaster you guys had yesterday. What you are in for: about 15 inches of fluffy, blowing soft snow. Today we have bright sunshine and blue skies. Temperatures on the rise and by Monday we'll be well above zero with rain.

• Current snow totals from the blizzard include 28 inches in Worcester, Mass.; 20 inches for East Hartford, Conn.; 24 inches for Nashua, N.H.; and 30.3 inches for Upton, N.Y.

400,000+ without power in MA

And there is one report of a Mommy giving birth at home because she could not get to the hospital (in Worcester).

I feel terrible watching houses on Plum Island being swept into the Atlantic. :(

We are a bit lucky here in regards to the ocean, it has been so cold the past month that for the most part it is iced over. The ice really calms the water down.

There have been several instances this morning that I could not see the house across the street from me. And it's not that far away, I could throw a rock into their back yard from here.