What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Strange weather here. It has been warm enough the past couple of days to have the windows and doors open. Far above the normal temps here. There is a beautiful mist covering the mountains today.( Misty Mountain Hop:-)  Perfect for enjoying coffee on the deck with some great music.

Some bad weather expected to roll into this area tonight with a cold front behind it.   

20160130_125003.thumb.jpg.c8b4b888702d31

I take a 3 mile hike every day no matter how cold.   The other day I watched a guy chase his shanty as it scooted across the ice for about 500 ft.  Some kind soul finally grabbed it as it slid past.  They were pulling up perch right and left from every hole.  Nothing worse than getting shut-out when ice fishing.

^^^ Oh wow, Patrycja! I cannot imagne those temps! :o 

Today the temp was in the high 50's, perfect for pruning shrubs and trees, playing with my dog in the yard, and grilling out.  I know it's too early for spring, but the teaser we got this week was much needed for my soul.

19 hours ago, Patrycja said:

It's nippy today.

56bfbcf971adc_earlyam13-2-2016.thumb.jpg

56bfbd0cc1deb_am13-2-2016.thumb.jpg.89c2

At least it got warmer... right?

It wasn't so bad when the wind wasn't howling. Just some thermals and layers and I was good to go :D 

Nippy??! You call that nippy? I classify a temperature of 1 degree Celsius to be freezing, so I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to experience temps like -33 degrees! :wacko: Gosh! Hats off to you, Pat for being able to withstand such extreme weather! But please take care of yourself at all times! Please please please stay warm!!! 

On 2/14/2016 at 2:41 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Nippy??! You call that nippy? I classify a temperature of 1 degree Celsius to be freezing, so I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to experience temps like -33 degrees! :wacko: Gosh! Hats off to you, Pat for being able to withstand such extreme weather! But please take care of yourself at all times! Please please please stay warm!!! 

HA! Yes well it was 'nippy' in that 'keep calm and carry on' sort of way. I was meeting someone so I had to get out there, but other times I like to go for walks just to experience what different weather feels like. Plus keep in mind that it's relative to what one's used to. -1C is BBQ weather here :D. We've done outdoor hot tubs at -20C (the worst was the soaked sprint across the deck to get inside). It WAS cold but when the wind was calm, it was actually sort of pleasant if you walked briskly and blinked quickly so your eyeballs didn't get all cold and dry lol. Anyway, the cold snap has passed and we're back to normal -6ish temperatures. Thanks, Kiwi! :peace: