What's the weather like where you are?

madison

I put away all my jackets, pants and long sleeve shirts and I am back to wearing  shorts and short sleeve shirts here in Glendale, AZ. This week and last week it feels like summer again, I have been tempted to put on the a/c a few times, but have resisted. Luckily we have some clouds today and tomorrow (friday) to make things really nice and comfortable around here, so I will savor every moment of it while it lasts!

Edited by luvlz2

On 17.2.2016 at 2:29 AM, Patrycja said:

HA! Yes well it was 'nippy' in that 'keep calm and carry on' sort of way. I was meeting someone so I had to get out there, but other times I like to go for walks just to experience what different weather feels like. Plus keep in mind that it's relative to what one's used to. -1C is BBQ weather here :D. We've done outdoor hot tubs at -20C (the worst was the soaked sprint across the deck to get inside). It WAS cold but when the wind was calm, it was actually sort of pleasant if you walked briskly and blinked quickly so your eyeballs didn't get all cold and dry lol. Anyway, the cold snap has passed and we're back to normal -6ish temperatures. Thanks, Kiwi! :peace:

You should build a sauna! It's awesome, especially during the coldest winter days. Finnish tradition is to roll naked in the snow, then run back inside the sauna :D

It's started snowing here couple of hours ago and it should keep snowing for the next two days. Temperature is at -1 celsius.

On 2/19/2016 at 0:38 PM, marlam said:

You should build a sauna! It's awesome, especially during the coldest winter days. Finnish tradition is to roll naked in the snow, then run back inside the sauna :D

It's started snowing here couple of hours ago and it should keep snowing for the next two days. Temperature is at -1 celsius.

HA! Have you tried it?!

Sounds like great fun, BUT only if it doesn't have to be preceded by a naked roll around in the snow. Now a streak across the snow to the sauna in the dead of night maybe...

Compared to the last time I posted here, it's a balmy -1C with some 'wintry mix' setting in later this morning.

Far too warm for any Finnish shenanigans :D 

21 hours ago, Patrycja said:

HA! Have you tried it?!

Sounds like great fun, BUT only if it doesn't have to be preceded by a naked roll around in the snow. Now a streak across the snow to the sauna in the dead of night maybe...

Compared to the last time I posted here, it's a balmy -1C with some 'wintry mix' setting in later this morning.

Far too warm for any Finnish shenanigans :D 

Yes! I think that majority of Finns have. Sauna and different traditions associated with it are an important part of Finnish identity. Sauna is actually one of the few words of Finnish origin used in English and other laguages, too.

Weather today is cloudy, temperature -1 C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...