What's the weather like where you are?

madison

12 hours ago, craigled said:

Really sunny again. It feels hotter than what they so called experts are saying. Hope it continues. The sun and my once a week session on the sunbed, I will really be looking like a handsome fella.

Have you ever been anywhere that is really "hot"? You live in Wigan right? I don't consider 15 degrees c  or 59 f hot. Not even warm. I was in The Canaries earlier this year and it was warm but not hot

Maybe our Antipodean correspondents will fill you in or our man in Pheonix with what "hot" is? Also do you associate handsome with  the fact you have a tan?  If you are not careful exposure to too much UV will make you look like an old leather sofa in later years or even worse......

Edited by chillumpuffer

14 hours ago, craigled said:

No. Never been abroad. Fear of flying. And cannot afford it right now. So i have just had the Summers here in England. Oh and i am just handsome full stop.

:o

You mean you have never even been across the Channel?? Wow that is a claim to fame. I don't think I know anyone over the age of 10 who has not left the Country. Your last comment needs no attention:blink:. In fact why don't you post a picture so we can make our own minds up?

Edited by chillumpuffer

4 hours ago, CRIOS said:

It's nice down here in the tropics...72 degrees F.

Oh I have been there a zillion times and my relatives are in Hollywood /Sunrise.  The sand on the beach will burn your feet off by 11 am.  I guess I could get used to living there.  But I am starting to want to go out West more.  Spring weather is showing up here in upstate NY.

True, the HEAT down here is murder if one is unaccustomed. Heck, I'll get real, the humid HELL is constant here, and is hard to bear for the most part; colder months not withstanding.

And this is coming from someone who's lived (exclusively) in the tropics all his life- an old Miamian born in the Caribbean!

It is indeed a beautiful place to live. I love my city regardless of hotter-than-hell temperatures year-round.

This is the only HEAT I celebrate:

miami.heat.nba.jpg

Edited by CRIOS

On 29/03/2017 at 9:58 AM, chillumpuffer said:

:o

You mean you have never even been across the Channel?? Wow that is a claim to fame. I don't think I know anyone over the age of 10 who has not left the Country. Your last comment needs no attention:blink:. In fact why don't you post a picture so we can make our own minds up?

No never. Oh i have actually been out of England for a week, That was to Scotland. Obviously that does not count. Eh at least i am honest. Been ok weather wise today. Dry and mild.

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Awful. Simply awful. This is the perfect weather to get a heat stroke!! :rolleyes::slapface: 

Only 3 months till the Monsoon eh Kiwi ??:veryhot:

The people who lie ( The weather boffs) got it wrong today. It was actually dry and now it is a beautiful Spring evening. It reminds me of this:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 3:26 PM, Fool In The Rain 60 said:

Maybe you two should keep your Insults of a Grand Lady to yourselves or by pm. She is neither a wind bag or a sponger. Try reading up on Crown Estates.

Speaking of Grand Ladies, you are pretty grand yourself, K. ?

Sunny and in the 70s here in Hollywood. Life is good.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

Dry and sunny again. The driest I can ever remember. I think we have had 4mm of rain since the beginning of April. I can't believe I am saying this but we do need some water. My garden is looking a bit dusty and the golf course is very hard. I feel a drought coming on.

On 5/4/2017 at 2:34 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Dry and sunny again. The driest I can ever remember. I think we have had 4mm of rain since the beginning of April. I can't believe I am saying this but we do need some water. My garden is looking a bit dusty and the golf course is very hard. I feel a drought coming on.

Same here.  We had no measurable rain during the entire month of April.  A little precipitation so far this month, but still down in the severe drought zone.  Lots of fires towards the east coast, down here. 

As glorious a day as one could wish. Clear blue sky, warm sun and no humidity. Just dusted off the BBQ for this evenings opener to the Barbie season. A dozen fresh Cornish Sardines, a fat Burger with red onion and some Asparagus spears are awaiting their fate. Organic chocolate Ice Cream with fresh Raspberries and Nectarines to finish

There will be wine or maybe a break with tradition, a cold Pironi. Some blond Maroc will finish the evening nicely :D