"Hats Off (to Roy)

kidmoon

Hats off (to Roy Harper)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like "Hats off (to Roy Harper)"?

• Of course, I have great taste in music!
    • No, but that's because I'm tone-deaf.

Gotta agree with MattMc on this one. Not tone deaf. Hat's Off just sounds like a slide blues stroke off by Page or some sort of warm-up exercise for Plant vocally, not a song proper. Plus, the lyrics are uninspired, unroriginal pure blues schlock.

nope

not tone deaf either

just don't care for it

I think it's one of the worst ending tracks to an album they ever did..... with the possible exception of Tea for One which isn't my fav either

I mean LZ1: How Many More Times...... POW!

LZII: Bring It On Home....... POW!

LZIII: Hat's Off (to Roy Harper)..... what the crap?

It's right up there with FX by Black Sabbath. FX is nothing but some random noise going through an echoplex.

I'm all for them being able to do a "joke" song a little out of left field like The Crunge, Dyer Maker, or Hot Dog, but at least make it a SONG.

Yeah I believe you said you met him once. In that case I know him really really well.

I love the song because of the song not because of who it is about or who it is by.

But then - we're all different. Pleased to meet you Legacy. :D

I know that when I first heard it,back in the 70's,I thought it to be a song that didn't sound quite right on that particular album.It took me a few more times of listening to it to really appreciate it.I love hearing it when it comes to the end of the record.It just means that I can flip it over and start it over again!

Archived