What about Country?

Scarlett

Got to say its delivered some of the worse music that for me just sounds a bit hoedowny, along with alot of Jazz its devils music..

I find your quote to be interesting due to the fact you were using Johnny Cash, arguably the greatest country artist of all-time, as your initial avatar when you joined earlier this week.

I find your quote to be interesting due to the fact you were using Johnny Cash, arguably the greatest country artist of all-time, as your initial avatar when you joined earlier this week.

Didn't you know it's officially "Change Your Avatar" week, Walter? Another guy had a "Death Wish" one, but today it's changed and he's posting about gun control. Quick flash evolution is a wonderful thing, though...

As I say in the post it has given some of the worse, but not all...I like Rock music above all music but with bands like Journey, Survivor etc etc it could be said that Rock has given us some of the worse music too, and with the bands mentioned that is dire music, like every genre of music has the same. Its just to me Country and Jazz are the biggest culprits but do have some redeeming features when you cut through all the dross. As for old Cashy and his pic, we can't have two objectionable pics on this site can we, and also being the same one too. I joined thinking hey how cool it would be to have a pic of a man sticking his middle finger up at you, then realising it came across as childish, so it went for something a little more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, instead of going for the shock factor.

Steve Goodman's music falls under several categories including (but not limited to) folk and rock n' roll but country works just as well. He would have been 64 today. He died from leukemia on September 20, 1984.

• 2 weeks later...

Merle Haggard and Kris Kristofferson at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco last October:

Not sure why I can't see the pictures/video sometimes on this computer? I thought it was only when I'm not logged in, but now I see that's not the problem. Anyway "Mama Tried" is at times a song that I enjoy singing to myself.

Here's a prime example of someone that's been shut out by the current Country music establishment. You think there would be a place on Country music radio for the guy that wrote "Jackson". Think again.

Billy Edd Wheeler: 'I Can't Rock Anymore, But I Can Still Roll'

gettyimages_103301118_wide.jpg?t=1344029701&s=4

At his peak in the 1960s, Billy Edd Wheeler was writing songs for the likes of Johnny Cash,

Neil Young, Elvis Presley and Hazel Dickens. GAB Archive/Getty Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived