Zep at the Rose bowl

moondog

I was just watching the Rose bowl. I thought the Illinois marching band was ok. Then they started playing a song I think I heard before. Stairway!!! Just thought it was kinda cool. Anyone in the US being a sports fan probably knows what I mean.

It was on here at work....I actually was surprised how well it works as a marching band arrangement. Props to the Illini band for nailing it. (And for god sakes, don't try and play it a half-step lower the next time you go to the Rose Bowl) ;)

University of Tennessee's band plays the Immigrant Song during football games. The horns do Robert's wailing part. When I was there at school, I would always point out at the games, "That's Zeppelin". Pretty awesome.

i heard this too

I was just watching the Rose bowl. I thought the Illinois marching band was ok. Then they started playing a song I think I heard before. Stairway!!! Just thought it was kinda cool. Anyone in the US being a sports fan probably knows what I mean.

Watching those Rose Bowl aerial shots, I kept thinking how sad it was Zeppelin had to cancel their show at the Rose Bowl after Plant and family suffered the Rhodes car accident. That Zep concert would have been massive.

I was sitting there and also of a sudden I heard a familiar melody and thought that's Stairway!

But by looking at the box score for this game, I can see that the excitement probably ended when Stairway ended, rather than the game. USC should be in the NFL or something...

Actually the game was fairly interesting in the first half and early part of the third quarter. USC was..... USC of course but the Illini hung in there for awhile... their defense was noteworthy in the first half. The offense stunk, they were running options and sweeps and the passing consisted of screens. Finally at the end of the first half Illinois threw the ball downfield and began to drive before settling for a FG. First two drives of the second half were successful as well and Illinois could have well taken a 24-21 lead. But alas! it was not meant to be the ball was popped out of an Illini's receiver's hands at like the five yard line. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back and USC owned the Illini the rest of the game. I stopped watching it a few minutes later

I still think USC should've been in the national title game

Archived