When it comes to Zeppelin, the son remains the same

robertkincaid96

A friend pointed out to me that it wasn't very wise to say he left the sticks.

I never thought of that. Guess I am not as street smart as I thought.

anyone who takes those sticks is no fan in my book. I've never seen the grave before, only a few pics here and there, is it in an actual public cemetery or in a more secluded area?

When I read what Jason did with the drums sticks, a tear came into my eyes, what a lovely thing to do, it shows what a lovely guy he is, he takes after his dad,who would of been so proud of him. Sheer beautiful and amazing.

well duh. they would be stealing them for profit.

not necessarily, I'd love to have those sticks as a little piece of Zeppelin history. I'm a big Zep fan, if I went to Bonzo's grave and saw them there the thought to grab them as a souvenir would occur to me, but I'd like to think I'd have the will power to leave them there and realize how much more they meant to the band and to Jason then they ever would to me.

... He LIVED that gig and he DID it for his Father. THAT's what matters here.

Totally agree, and it was important to JASON to be able to take the sticks there, and he did it.

That moment for HIM is what matters.

Most people who have been to the site will report seeing assorted sticks and tokens of remembrance, so it would be nice to think his were just added with love and honor, along with many others...and don't stand out in any particular way now.

not necessarily, I'd love to have those sticks as a little piece of Zeppelin history. I'm a big Zep fan, if I went to Bonzo's grave and saw them there the thought to grab them as a souvenir would occur to me, but I'd like to think I'd have the will power to leave them there and realize how much more they meant to the band and to Jason then they ever would to me.

yeah. you are not understanding the reason why someone would take them. not a fan. an asshole who wants to make money. say richard cole. get it? ugh. :angry:

Going on everything else I've heard about Jason, this doesn't surprise me a bit.

The guy can't put a foot wrong. Anyone out there still think another drummer would have been more appropriate to share the stage with them that night?

Going on everything else I've heard about Jason, this doesn't surprise me a bit.

The guy can't put a foot wrong. Anyone out there still think another drummer would have been more appropriate to share the stage with them that night?

As far as I am concerned he earned his wings the right way at 02, and as there could be no Led Zeppelin without John Bonham there will be no Led Zeppelin without Jason Bonham its about a true love for family and friendship vibe that is sorely missing today.

RjK

So touching-he sounds like a pretty wonderful guy!

Yes he does now.He's a far more humble man, and better drummer than he was in 1988.

I remember a time when , as he has said himself, he simply thought that his place in the band was a given, because he was a Bonham,not because he had any musical advantage.

As I understand it,he actually had to audition for the o2 show.

He won the gig, and repayed uncle Jimmy, Robert and john Paul's faith in him many times over!.

Thank you for your honesty and putting exactly what I was thinking into words so I can simply say ME TOO! Best wishes to all.

"Put the sticks on his fathers grave"??? I remember watching him throw the sticks he used to the audience at the end of Rock and Roll. Watch Rock and Roll from the show on youtube, he clearly throws his drums sticks to the crowd at the end. Anyone else notice this?

If there is any person who deserved to sit in for John Bonham, it is his son. I believe that Jason Bonham will be the one who will resurrect the Led Zeppelin legacy and take it into new and higher heights. This would have made John Bonham proud!

"Put the sticks on his fathers grave"??? I remember watching him throw the sticks he used to the audience at the end of Rock and Roll. Watch Rock and Roll from the show on youtube, he clearly throws his drums sticks to the crowd at the end. Anyone else notice this?

Actually, now that you mention it, I remember that. Or at least it looked that way. :unsure:

Maybe they were the ones from rehearsals. :blink:

I also thought about that when I read the article but like Hotplant said, perhaps it was another pair of drum sticks that he threw into the crowd and he took the original one to the grave just as he said there. At least I hope so :unsure:

Archived