When it comes to Zeppelin, the son remains the same

robertkincaid96

You just gotta love Jason after reading this article. I have more a more respect for Jason everytime I read another article about him, what he says, and what he does. This article puts a lump in your throat, especially if you have a Father that has passed away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Tamara Conniff

Jan 3, 2008

Jan 3, 2008

Will Led Zeppelin tour in 2008? The legions of fans that didn't make it to their successful Dec. 10 reunion show at the O2 Arena in London certainly hope so.

Jason Bonham, who took his father John Bonham's seat at the drums with the band, says in this life anything can happen. "I didn't have a clue at this point last year that (the reunion) show was going to happen," he says. "Every day is a different day. Something can come up. You never know."

As fans who had flown in from around the world filtered out of the O2 that night, the name on everyone's lips was Jason Bonham. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant gave stellar performances. Perhaps the crowd had greater expectations of the three original members, and less for Bonham. But it was Bonham who relentlessly drove home the beats. He also was humbled. Bonham remembers all too well his attitude when he played with the band at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in 1988.

"After 19 years, I had another shot after taking it all for granted the first time," he says. "I thought I deserved the job. I really worked at it. It was like, 'Right -- you wanted this, now prove it, regardless of your name.' "

Yes, he was a little nervous about last month's show. Yes, he was a little scared. Bonham says it took him until the fourth song to relax.

"I had dry mouth for the first three songs," he adds with a laugh. "I wasn't expecting the really dry mouth syndrome. Then I enjoyed it."

At the end of the last encore, Bonham got on his knees and bowed down to the three original members.

"I wanted to take in every moment, which is why at the end I had to bow to them," he says. "As I grew older, I became a fan as well as part of the family. I got to appreciate the music. When I was a younger, I was a huge Police fan. It wasn't until after my dad's death that I could really appreciate his music. I was 14 when he passed away. I was just starting to get to know him in a grown-up way."

Bonham, who plays with Foreigner as well as with his own band, went to his father's grave the day after the reunion show.

"I took the sticks that I used and put them on the grave and said, 'We did it, Dad. You handed me these. I'll hand them back.' "

Here is the link. I have seen some reporting problems with a Trojan relating to this link. Maybe if your Pop Up Blocker is on it will be OK to look.

Link

You just gotta love Jason after reading this article. I have more a more respect for Jason everytime I read another article about him, what he says, and what he does. This article puts a lump in your throat, especially if you have a Father that has passed away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Tamara Conniff

Jan 3, 2008

Jan 3, 2008

Will Led Zeppelin tour in 2008? The legions of fans that didn't make it to their successful Dec. 10 reunion show at the O2 Arena in London certainly hope so.

Jason Bonham, who took his father John Bonham's seat at the drums with the band, says in this life anything can happen. "I didn't have a clue at this point last year that (the reunion) show was going to happen," he says. "Every day is a different day. Something can come up. You never know."

As fans who had flown in from around the world filtered out of the O2 that night, the name on everyone's lips was Jason Bonham. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant gave stellar performances. Perhaps the crowd had greater expectations of the three original members, and less for Bonham. But it was Bonham who relentlessly drove home the beats. He also was humbled. Bonham remembers all too well his attitude when he played with the band at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in 1988.

"After 19 years, I had another shot after taking it all for granted the first time," he says. "I thought I deserved the job. I really worked at it. It was like, 'Right -- you wanted this, now prove it, regardless of your name.' "

Yes, he was a little nervous about last month's show. Yes, he was a little scared. Bonham says it took him until the fourth song to relax.

"I had dry mouth for the first three songs," he adds with a laugh. "I wasn't expecting the really dry mouth syndrome. Then I enjoyed it."

At the end of the last encore, Bonham got on his knees and bowed down to the three original members.

"I wanted to take in every moment, which is why at the end I had to bow to them," he says. "As I grew older, I became a fan as well as part of the family. I got to appreciate the music. When I was a younger, I was a huge Police fan. It wasn't until after my dad's death that I could really appreciate his music. I was 14 when he passed away. I was just starting to get to know him in a grown-up way."

Bonham, who plays with Foreigner as well as with his own band, went to his father's grave the day after the reunion show.

"I took the sticks that I used and put them on the grave and said, 'We did it, Dad. You handed me these. I'll hand them back.' "

Link

God, that just is sooo bittersweet.

Bless his heart. :wub:

Link

I have tears in my eyes after reading this. God love him ...

Proud!

I've no other words: proud of Jason, his dad, led zep and what they're still giving us.

We've to be proud.

He has to be proud (and I think he is ...)

cheers

For those of us who had severe doubts about Jason before this all came down, this is got to be a humbling experience. Jason played far above our expectations, but was a class act all the way. Above and beyond anyone's expectations. Humble and honored. WOW.

Jason, you da man! :notworthy:

Thank you for sharing that article. I am sure I would have missed it if I had not come across it here. I shared it with some Zep fans and musicians I know would appreciate it.

:beer: Raising my glass to Jason.

Link

Fantastic. Jason really seems to be a great guy. His dad would be very proud of him :)

That's so beautiful. I'm sure if John Bonham were still alive he would be very proud of his son.

Thanks for sharing, robertkincaid96.

I teared up when I read it. I am sure that his Dad would be so very proud of him. I am not surprised to read that about Jason though. His dad was a great person and I just told someone last week that his mother must be an incredible woman. Widowed at such a young age and raising her and John's children without their father could not have been easy.

I am so sorry for that Trojan. I would not have linked anything I did not think was clean. I sent that to a lot of people. I use, AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition 7.5, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Windows Defender, PC Bug Doctor, Registry Mechanic, Ad-Aware SE Personal. Nothing was detected when I looked at the article early this morning. I will edit the original post and delete that link since a Trojan was detected.

I am so sorry for that Trojan. I would not have linked anything I did not think was clean. I sent that to a lot of people. I use, AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition 7.5, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Windows Defender, PC Bug Doctor, Registry Mechanic, Ad-Aware SE Personal. Nothing was detected when I looked at the article early this morning. I will edit the original post and delete that link since a Trojan was detected.

It's in the popup.

A friend pointed out to me that it wasn't very wise to say he left the sticks.

I never thought of that. Guess I am not as street smart as I thought.

It was the first thing I thought of, but then I'm allegedly cynical like that.

Besides, it isn't as if he only used one pair of sticks that night. He LIVED

that gig and he DID it for his Father. THAT's what matters here.

Archived