Hello from JethroTull

JethroTull

I am not the one that always calls people names and says they have their head up their ass. You are. You are arrogant. Ill tell you what, this is the last time I will talk to you. You dont bother me and I wont bother you. By the way, Led Zeppelin IS MY FAVORITE BAND!!!! That is why I am here. Perhaps there is a Johnny Cash website somewhere? Go get yourself some cornbread and chicken and some good whiskey and have yourself a jolly old time cowboy!

You bring it on yourself when you make comments like "Led Zeppelin is the best band ever" or say there's been no good music made since the '70s. Is it any wonder you've been banned from this site so many times?

I know of plenty of people born in '94 that love the music that's being made today. When I say the music that's being made today, I'm not referring to the limited offerings of what's offered on commercial radio either but to music that's aired on internet radio, satellite radio and plenty of other outlets.

Give some examples? It doesn't matter but I like music with solo's (guitar, drums and whatever) you don't hear solo's anymore. it's all how grungy your voice can sound and how repetitious the music can be. When I here a grungy voice, I just turn it off.

Give some examples? It doesn't matter but I like music with solo's (guitar, drums and whatever) you don't hear solo's anymore. it's all how grungy your voice can sound and how repetitious the music can be. When I here a grungy voice, I just turn it off.

I think there are plenty of forum members, including Jahfin and myself, who post about new bands all the time within' your criterias. :)

EDIT TO ADD: Unfortunatly many of those threads fall short because of lack of interest by people only want to read about bands they already know of..

I think there are plenty of forum members, including Jahfin and myself, who post about new bands all the time within' your criterias. :)

EDIT TO ADD: Unfortunatly many of those threads fall short because of lack of interest by people only want to read about bands they already know of..

All I am saying is, if you want to hear good rock that did not come out of the 70's and 80' you need to go deep underground. Back in the day, a song would come on the radio and you new who it was. Now a days, they all try to copy each others voice, music and style. Long Live Rock and Roll!

All I am saying is, if you want to hear good rock that did not come out of the 70's and 80' you need to go deep underground. Back in the day, a song would come on the radio and you new who it was. Now a days, they all try to copy each others voice, music and style. Long Live Rock and Roll!

IMO, that's the way it always has been. I mean music in the 50's didn't sound like it did in the 30's, music in the 70's didn't sound like it did in the 50's and so on. It's just progress.

I bet those who were teenagers when rock-a-billy came around in the 50's became somewhat happy during the rock'n'roll revival in the early 70's, but still didn't think it sounded as it used to do.

IMO, that's the way it always has been. I mean music in the 50's didn't sound like it did in the 30's, music in the 70's didn't sound like it did in the 50's and so on. It's just progress.

I bet those who were teenagers when rock-a-billy came around in the 50's became somewhat happy during the rock'n'roll revival in the early 70's, but still didn't think it sounded as it used to do.

But it seems to me that, with the technoligy these days they would be producing better music than they do. If they had the technoligy in the 70's just think what the quality of the albums would have been like. I say quality instead of quantity.

Edited to say-Swede, I know what you are saying....every generation has there own music. I don't mean to be a dick but the music now a days don't tell stories or have meaning like they once did.

But it seems to me that, with the technoligy these days they would be producing better music than they do. If they had the technoligy in the 70's just think what the quality of the albums would have been like. I say quality instead of quantity.

Edited to say-Swede, I know what you are saying....every generation has there own music. I don't mean to be a dick but the music now a days don't tell stories or have meaning like they once did.

I have to disagree with your opinion about technology as I tend to prefer the sound of the old records. Todays recordings use to lack the warmth you could hear back in the days. But that's just a matter of opinion. I think there are a lot of quality bands out there, but I guess it's easier for the record companies to put out a lot of crap today as well, as the process has fastened up since the 60's and 70's. On the other hand, it has become easier for unknown great bands to make them heard through the internet too.

Here's a quality band who tell great stories and lay down some real great chops with their guitars:

Where The Devil Don't Stay

If solos don't matter, I'm not sure why you mentioned them. I also love music from the 70s (or else I wouldn't be here) but in my opinion soloing went out with the other self-indulgent tendencies of most groups from that time. That's not to say I don't enjoy a good solo from time to time but in most instances they come off as needless wankering.

Here's some examples of some current rock n' roll bands:

The Gaslight Anthem

The T's

Patty Hurst Shifter

The Reigning Sound

Blitzen Trapper

The Static Minds

The Yayhoos

The Olympic Ass Kickin' Team

The Hold Steady

The Dexateens

The Huguenots

Gentlemen Jesse and His Men

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering...does anybody get a pit in their stomach when they see I've replied to a topic?

I can't say I read every post from you, Jethro, but I do enjoy your posts. I guess there are some forum members that I tend to keep a better track on, just because the reason I think their posts usually are interesting or funny to read.

• 3 weeks later...
Probably a couple. Love it or hate it, I have an odd sense of humor and a dry wit. I suspect a couple of folks here get irritated by me.

Yeah, that's the part that you can colour. It jsut takes water but I reccommend just brushing it one and not putting the insert under the faucet.

Got nothing on anyone brave enougth to wear codpiece.

• 8 months later...

I sha'nt be attending or participating in this forum too much in the near or distant future. One of my friends has been ostracized for his/her unique approach to posting and subsequently has ceased their own participation in this pursuit. The mob mentality that exists here is too much to handle. The cheerleaders have made their "Presence" known.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I've been listening to a lot XM satellite Studio 54 on channel 15. They play all disco music. Included are interviews with people who were part of the Studio 54 scene in NYC during the hey day of the bar. I quite like disco guitar playing, it's very repetitious, but I love that chicka-chicka sound.

Archived