What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

I don't often listen to Rush (I can only take Geddy Lee's voice in small doses), but when I do I find myself reaching for the "Signals" album more often than not.

Edited by Strider

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't often listen to Rush (I can only take Geddy Lee's voice in small doses), but when I do I find myself reaching for the "Signals" album more often than not.

I believe is was the Signals Tour that I won tickets through the radio station, to be bussed to the Cotton Bowl show. But the afternoon outdoor crowd was a drag. Just stupid 20 year olds drunk and throwing partially filled cups of beer down to the lower sections near where we were sitting.

But, when Rush came on that evening, the beer throwing stuff stopped.

I think the Signals material was better suited to an indoor arena.

I also saw their Test For Echo Tour, outdoor again, but at an amphitheater, which was no problem in hearing everything, loud and soft.

Lately, I have been listening to the Re-Mastered 2112 album with headphones on, and it's glorious!

15 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I do love that song , my work mates hate it _ usually for meh... 1st thing in the mornin , sing a song... punching that clock singin'

She's a lover
Baby, and a fighter
Should a seen it coming when I got a little brighter
With a name like Dani California
Day was gonna come when I was gonna mourn ya
A little low

Year 2000 plus era Iron Maiden. I am not British (I'm Australian) but these guys are currently considered to be the closest thing to rock Gods as far as humanly possible in their homeland. Yes, no? Been going since the late 70's, had their rise, fall, and resurrection. Not a bad effort really considering the expected lifetime of any band. The blokes are thought to be 'diamond geezers' which translates to ... I don't know an equivalent world wide translation - Just damn likeable? - but it is certainly a compliment.

I have a problem. I get hooked on a band, listen non stop for six months, get sick of it, go to the next band, and return two years later. My listening roster is, in no order, Zeppelin, Maiden, 80's Metallica, 70's Kiss, Foo Fighters, Deep Purple, Motley Crue (yes, I really do, so what? Tommy Lee is an underrated rock funkster), and various orchestra classical. Yeah I'm getting old but aren't we all. You are now several minutes older since reading this thread. Time can't be stopped but good music is timeless.