"Please Read The Letter"

Dear Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and yes, Jason,

Your fans are starving. You fed only a mere 20,000 fans on December 10, 2007. So, you see the rest of us are famished for Led Zeppelin- live - in person.

The O2 performance was a tease - crumbs left on YouTube, mere unsatisfying snacks of the show.

We need a full course serving of Led Zeppelin. Give us something to look forward to..

Thank you.

:D

I understand your sentiments, maybe you should send that to one of the band members management ?? But then again I think Plant said if people do not go on about it then they might do a few more shows !!!

I'm sure they are all very aware of the demand there is to see them tour or do selected dates. It's whether they want to carry on is the issue. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm thrilled to catch some Robert/Alison dates this year :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If it's going to be a "Greatest Hits - Mothership" type Tour - I'd hope they wouldn't do it!

Just stay home and retire if that's the case...I agree with Robert. No tour if it's going to be an "Old men reliving their glory days" deal.

Make it new , make it exciting, and leave the oldies in the Attic.

I'm sure they are all very aware of the demand there is to see them tour or do selected dates. It's whether they want to carry on is the issue. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm thrilled to catch some Robert/Alison dates this year :thumbsup:

Indeed.

Although unfortunately I had money too late to get tickets to Plant & Krauss. They were all sold out by the time I could afford them. :'(

:angry:

Robert Plant did make a good point we he said he would not like to perform live with the band again unless they have new material. To me, that is integrity.

My question at this point is this: How do we know the surviving members aren't rehearsing and recording new material as we speak?

It is an exceptionally good letter, and to be honest, and understand this is only my view,but if he had not been touring with Miss whatsher :blink: name, there would definately be a tour, maybe if he does not feel to tired after that is over, then Led Zeppelin will tour, I really hope so,it will be a hugh success>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is an exceptionally good letter, and to be honest, and understand this is only my view,but if he had not been touring with Miss whatsher :blink: name, there would definately be a tour, maybe if he does not feel to tired after that is over, then Led Zeppelin will tour, I really hope so,it will be a hugh success>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Her name is Alison Krauss and I'm not sure that's the reason there is no tour IMO.

:P

Of course they are aware. They have rather let the geainie out of the bottle, and I am sure they are prepared to meet us half way despite their commitments. Todays music scene needs more inspiration from bands who aren't manufactured, and furthermore stand the test of time. There is such alot of energy and committment from all that Led Zep that has produced. It would be really good if they could pay it forward just that little bit more. (Isle of White 2008?)

coincidence that your topic title is the same as a song on plant and krauss' new cd? lol

or was this intentional? hmmm.

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt - intentional words. But actually, Please Read The Letter is also off Walking Into Clarksdale by Page/Plant. I like both versions very much.

Robert Plant did make a good point we he said he would not like to perform live with the band again unless they have new material. To me, that is integrity.

My question at this point is this: How do we know the surviving members aren't rehearsing and recording new material as we speak?

good point, i agree ;)

He should do what he wants. Perhaps he does not want to tour with Led Zeppelin precisely because the Zeppelin audience does not respect his choices. And if they don't respect his choices, can they even respect him?

I'm sorry, but I do not care to apologize to Mr Robert Plant for wanting to see him perform as Led Zeppelin, or to tip toe around the fact that it is most of what everyone on this forum really wants to have occur.

I think the pressure for him would be from those intimately surrounding him, the media, the press, not his fans. I'm sure people don't stop him on the street and beg on their knees for him to tour. We have no voice except for this platform. We can't call him up on the telephone and pull his arm to tour. We're not knocking on his door at his farm or castle or whatever and badgering him.

This board is 'our voice' and why not be real about it, instead of patronizing.

JMHO :rant:

I'm sorry, but I do not care to apologize to Mr Robert Plant for wanting to see him perform as Led Zeppelin, or to tip toe around the fact that it is most of what everyone on this forum really wants to have occur.

I think the pressure for him would be from those intimately surrounding him, the media, the press, not his fans. I'm sure people don't stop him on the street and beg on their knees for him to tour. We have no voice except for this platform. We can't call him up on the telephone and pull his arm to tour. We're not knocking on his door at his farm or castle or whatever and badgering him.

This board is 'our voice' and why not be real about it, instead of patronizing.

JMHO :rant:

Lets see what we have so far,

1 million maniacs wanting to see the band play together. The member's are aware of the best Zeppelin Drummer in the states named if you will Elf-Arrow. Percy and EA are in one corner, John Paul is the referee who didn't want to play before but is better now. Pagey is always ready to play for the music; lest we not forget the money, and the whole thing has gone to shit. If anyone will look to the throne that a drummer occupies that is the seat perilous and the rub of the situation. While Pagey has Jason warming up for all the wrong reasons people are being forced to believe if you want to do something by committee and numbers then they can change your mind. Oh you'll love having the old dodgers come out on tour playing their songs of magic and then you'll critisize, misquote, label, and stick so many camera's up their arses all that will be on those (entertainment shows) will be pictures of their tonsils. I will stand by my mate Percy and his decision to sing with Alison if he never sings rock again it is rock-a-billy's gain. But just maybe if we stop telling them they owe us this and they have do that (they don't owe you or have to do shit). They may go into that misty hangar and drag the Zeppelin to fly high once again. I leave you all with thoughts of Love and Peace In All Ways.

Elf-Arrow!

Lets see what we have so far,

1 million maniacs wanting to see the band play together. The member's are aware of the best Zeppelin Drummer in the states named if you will Elf-Arrow. Percy and EA are in one corner, John Paul is the referee who didn't want to play before but is better now. Pagey is always ready to play for the music; lest we not forget the money, and the whole thing has gone to shit. If anyone will look to the throne that a drummer occupies that is the seat perilous and the rub of the situation. While Pagey has Jason warming up for all the wrong reasons people are being forced to believe if you want to do something by committee and numbers then they can change your mind. Oh you'll love having the old dodgers come out on tour playing their songs of magic and then you'll critisize, misquote, label, and stick so many camera's up their arses all that will be on those (entertainment shows) will be pictures of their tonsils. I will stand by my mate Percy and his decision to sing with Alison if he never sings rock again it is rock-a-billy's gain. But just maybe if we stop telling them they owe us this and they have do that (they don't owe you or have to do shit). They may go into that misty hangar and drag the Zeppelin to fly high once again. I leave you all with thoughts of Love and Peace In All Ways.

Elf-Arrow!

Who Art Thou? You're that guy from the other board ---Wales1, aren't you!

Dear Plant one,

You've caught me I indeed am off the comcast forum as Wales1 (for my lovely home of Northwest Wales) Elf Arrow as my sign and Franco for my name. Six that know me in the Zeppelin Circus Plant,

Page,Jones,Ritchie Yorke Mgr./Author,Richard Cole-Best mate in a fight,Phil Carson ex President Atlantic Records England. One whom I wished I had know Peter Grant. I would had given my right arm for a manager that would break heads for his lads in a band. So thats me and yes I do kick the living shit out a set of drums the hands the timpanis the whole ball of wax. When I first met Rithcie Yorke he took a quick second look because bonzo and franco almost look alike.

Peace and Love In All Ways

Franco

Dear Plant one,

You've caught me I indeed am off the comcast forum as Wales1 (for my lovely home of Northwest Wales) Elf Arrow as my sign and Franco for my name. Six that know me in the Zeppelin Circus Plant,

Page,Jones,Ritchie Yorke Mgr./Author,Richard Cole-Best mate in a fight,Phil Carson ex President Atlantic Records England. One whom I wished I had know Peter Grant. I would had given my right arm for a manager that would break heads for his lads in a band. So thats me and yes I do kick the living shit out a set of drums the hands the timpanis the whole ball of wax. When I first met Rithcie Yorke he took a quick second look because bonzo and franco almost look alike.

Peace and Love In All Ways

Franco

Well Well, whatya know. It sounded like you Franco, er I mean Wales1. I am classicrocksrock! :wave:

Archived