Gadgets and Technology

redeyedrichard

• 4 weeks later...

I actually did give up Farming for Lent (and possibly forever). :)

I have recently discovered PANDORA.com. I had to give up my beloved Grooveshark.com after picking up malware from it. :( Someone at work suggested Pandora instead; I was skeptical at first but now that I'm getting the hang of it, I love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here it comes! :)

Apple to Launch Two New iPhones, One for Verizon [REPORT]

A new report from The Wall Street Journal suggests that Apple will reveal not one, but two new iPhones this year.

One would be based on GSM/UMTS standard that powers AT&T’s network, while another would be compatible with CDMA, the standard used by Verizon. The announcement would come in June or July, when Apple normally announces new iPhone models.

According to the WSJ, two different manufacturers will make the two different iPhones. Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. will develop the GSM model, as it has done for the previous three versions, while Pegatron Technology Corp. (a subsidiary of ASUSTeK) will build the CDMA version. Production of the CDMA version is scheduled to start in September.

If the report is true, it can only mean one thing: AT&T’s exclusivity deal with Apple is coming to an end. As long as Apple doesn’t build a CDMA version of the iPhone, AT&T doesn’t have to worry about Verizon becoming a carrier of the wildly popular smartphone. A CDMA-version of the iPhone almost certainly means that Verizon would add Apple’s phone to its arsenal.

As an AT&T spokesman told WSJ, “There has been lots of incorrect speculation on CDMA iPhones for a long time.”

And in fact, he’s right: We’ve heard tons of rumors about 4G Verizon iPhones and incorrect predictions of when Apple would drop AT&T-iPhone exclusivity, and the result is that the iPhone is still only on the AT&T network in the U.S.

Will that change this year? Is Apple really making two phones? Unless there’s a major leak from Cupertino, we’re going to have to wait to find out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the #1 most important thing to me "gadget wise" right now is my wonderful, beautiful MacBook Pro. I can play music on it, access the internet, chat, skype, write lesson plans, grade students' work, create art (writing), access books to read, watch movies via the hard drive and netflix, and access my education (online courses).

My BlackBerry would probably be #2: it is linked to the internet, my email, etc., and it allows me to have voice conversations.

My iPod/stereo in my car are proving to be worth their weight in gold.... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Someone that passed away left me a Yamaha RX 480 reciever. It is over 6 years old. I am no expert at hooking these things up. Does anyone think I should go from the reciever into the direct tv box and then the DVD recorder and Flat screen into the box or reciever? I have to buy some speakers. thinking of wireless if I can get away with it. But because the reciever isnt new, I wonder if I can do it?

Im running this damn Norton backup on my desktop as my laptop power chord stopped working. Hewlett Packard has been pretty good. Sent me a new battery and now are sending the chord Fed Ex as the one year warranty is still good. As for the backup its taking a long time. Im only doing 2 gb out of 3.4 gb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got this all in one HP connected after having to pay for a years support from those blood sucking money grabbing bastards. I have alot of technical issues Id like to get straightened out. Next is to get a good sound system up and running. Then I can listen to all of my oldies and give some of this new stuff a listen perhaps. Take that as a maybe. You have to be a rocket scientist to keep up with these gadgets. Thank God for my neighbor who is better at it than me. I owe him a few beers. I ask him what he wants? He says Busch is fine. Busch? Busch? Why not some skunk ass Utica Cub or black Label? Or generic. ha. I wouldnt drink that crap if you payed me.

Finally got this all in one HP connected after having to pay for a years support from those blood sucking money grabbing bastards. I have alot of technical issues Id like to get straightened out. Next is to get a good sound system up and running. Then I can listen to all of my oldies and give some of this new stuff a listen perhaps. Take that as a maybe. You have to be a rocket scientist to keep up with these gadgets. Thank God for my neighbor who is better at it than me. I owe him a few beers. I ask him what he wants? He says Busch is fine. Busch? Busch? Why not some skunk ass Utica Cub or black Label? Or generic. ha. I wouldnt drink that crap if you payed me.

You should turn him on to some Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Good stuff.

Thank goodness the hubby is an eletrician. For autos , but that carries over to home systems very well. He has got stuff so wired up here, I could never figure it out. Just show me how to turn it on and off and the volume up and down and I am good. :D

You should turn him on to some Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Good stuff.

Thank goodness the hubby is an eletrician. For autos , but that carries over to home systems very well. He has got stuff so wired up here, I could never figure it out. Just show me how to turn it on and off and the volume up and down and I am good. :D

I would pay him but you are too far

My ipod. I bought this principally for the gym, to block out all that piss-awful BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM music all gyms insist on playing. (WHY do they do that? Everyone brings ipods, so why not just turn off the f#ckin disco, eh?) Anyway, without it, my lamentably infrequent gym visits would be rarer than rocking-horse shit, and I'd be the size of a cow by now. But I really must get around to setting up a gym play-list. There's not very much quiet stuff on there, but the other day I got Echoes by Pink Floyd - which is great, but not Gym Music. When I interrupted my exertions to try to fast-fwd it, I fell off the cross-trainer.

Another invaluable gadget is a small jammer I acquired. I keep this under the cushion on the sofa, and activate it whenever my wife tries to change TV channels with the remote. After 6 months, she still hasn't sussed it. It's cost me a small fortune in unnecessary batteries for the remote, but it's been worth it.

Ha. What I would pay to see one night at your house!!! Whew!:P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unclear on the benefit of iPads from a personal use standpoint (I do see some benefits in a work related setting). If you have a smart phone, laptop and an iPod, what would an iPad do that they don't? :blink:

To be honest, I don't understand all the hype about ipads either! I really think its a BIG waste of money! :blink:

Archived