Gadgets and Technology

redeyedrichard

What's your favourite gadget or piece of technology that you have in your house? Or what is the gadget or piece of technology you really want to own? Or can you even recommend a certain piece of technology to people?

Do you have something that you show everyone when they go to your house? :lol:

Well I know we all have one but i have to say the PC and internet !! When I think back to when i was teen we couldn't imagine that when the ZX 81 came out ( one of the first computers for home) that in 15 years our lives would be changed forever with info at our finger tips with the internet !!! :)

I have several "couldn't live without" gadgets ... the first one would probably have to be my PC and its' wireless broadband. I can't imagine life without it now. I still find it mind-boggling to think of the sheer capability of the internet and all the information that's available at the press of a few keys.

My iPod would be next - it wakes me up to the sounds of Zep every morning as it connects to my alarm clock. I like to wake up gently, so some of my regular songs for the alarm call are "Thank You", "The Rain Song", "Ramble On" and "What Is And What Should Never Be" (until the bit where Robert starts singing ""Catch the wind, see it spin ... " at which point it gets a bit loud and I leap out of bed!

Finally, my favourite gadget for outside the house would have to be my TomTom satnav. I am totally, utterly useless as regards having a sense of direction, and this little device has changed my life. Over the past twenty-something years, I must have wasted hours and hours, wasting God only knows how much petrol or diesel, driving round, completely lost, getting more and more worked up and tearful as the minutes ticked by. Now I just relax and then smile as I hear those beautiful words: "You have reached your destination"! :D

I love my Canon PowerShot SD600.

I wanted a small digital camera so I can keep it in my handbag without it taking up too much room. I also wanted a camera that went beyond the basics. I didn't need a camera that had a lot of bling that didn't actually do anything for the actual picture taking.

It's a great little camera. I've gotten some great shots with it.

I think the must have thing to be having soon would be the electricity through the air, so we do not need adapters to charge things like Ipods etc with them !! so not really a gadget but wouldn't it be great to get rid of all wires and cables !!

My daughter received an interesting gadget for Christmas. It's a faucet attachment that glows a blue light when you turn on the cold water and red for the hot water. When I wash hands in the middle of the night it's like having a UFO land in the sink. It ranks right up there with that "egg beater in the shell" gadget.

Best invention since the vagina.

Did someone invent that Del and, if so, do they receive royalties every time it's used?

• 2 years later...

Archived